Influencer Gift Purchase

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi,

I want to gift some merchandise to influencers. I figured the best way would be to create a 100% gift discount and let them choose their items and use the code at checkout. However once the purchase becomes $0 it removes all shipping options and says the order can not move forward. Anyway around this, or an alternative method?

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
239 9 49

Hi, @thealexcohen.

Morgan here from the Social Team at Shopify.

Thanks for reaching out to the forums for some input on setting up your influencer gifts. The reason you get stopped at the shipping portion of the checkout is because you likely don't have a shipping rate set up for $0 orders. Not a problem though, this is easy to configure.

If you head to Settings> Shipping> Rates, you just need to add a new price based rate from dollar values $0-$0. If you want to have the shipping free as well, be sure to make this a free shipping rate. If not, you can enter the amount you want your influencers to pay in shipping. Here's a guide that walks through price based rates if you're having troubles with that. 

Be sure, if you have influencers from different countries that you repeat this process in all applicable zones.

Lastly, do you plan to offer a commission to influencers from sales using their discount codes? Or, are you strictly offering gifts in exchange for exposure? I ask because, I've tried both for my own business and noticed influencers are more likely to post more frequently and make creative engaging content if they have the ability to make money from their efforts. If you decide to go this route, I used the commission app Kickbooster. It's a great way to track commission codes, and automatically pay out commissions to your influencers!

Don't feel obligated to start off with commission based influencer marketing, it can be something you work towards! I started out with offering product in exchange for exposure and it was a great way to build a brand.

Let me know if you have troubles getting that shipping rate added, or if you want to chat more about influencer strategy!

Cheers,

Morgan | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
116 8 20

Hi, 

I definitely have a solution for this! The app Carro: Influencer Marketing can solve this problem. With Carro, we offer Influencer Checkout. Anyone with your unique store link (found in the Carro dashboard) can request free products. You can then approve these product requests (which prevents abuse of a coupon code). If you approve the request, the order is fulfilled through your normal Shopify process. No need for coupon codes, or changing your shipping options! Carro's Influencer Checkout allows them to make the request and have if fulfilled through Shopify just like any other order. 

I think our app could really be the solution to your problem. Let me know if you have any questions!

0 Likes