Inquiry about shipping label

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi everyone. I am new to Shopify and new to  the commnunity too.

I am intending to create an online store which sell cute stuffs for girls. While building my idea, I encountered a small problem that: When I ship my product to the customer, Do I have to go to carrier's office, print shipping label by myself or the carrier will do it for me. Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
93 1 9

Hey there Kylan,

This is Alex from the Shopify Guru team, happy to assist you today!

There are two options when fulfilling an order:

1. Manual: You will go to the post office and purchase a label yourself, or you have negotiated rates with a carrier that you will fulfill outside of Shopify.

2. Shopify Shipping: You can buy shipping labels in your Shopify admin to speed up your packaging and fulfillment process, save time at the post office, display calculated rates to your customers and get reduced shipping rates from USPSDHL ExpressUPS, or Canada Post. After you've bought a shipping label, you can print it, affix it to the outside of your package, and then ship the package from any post office.

You can read more about it here!

Best regards,

Alex | Customer Success Guru | Shopify

Alex | Customer Success Guru | Shopify
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi Alexa,

I am considering upgrading to incorporate Shopify Shipping. I already have a desktop printer. When I buy shipping labels from my Shopify admin, can I load a blank label into my printer and it will print the selected customer's shipping label?

How would I ensure the shipping indformation prints to the correct size of the label I have maually loaded into my printer?

Thanks!

Caroline

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
75 0 11

Hi Caroline!

If you're using a standard printer, the default paper size for the Shopify shipping labels is 8.5 x 11 inches.  Note that each label only takes up half of the sheet (see uploaded image).

I use the self-adhesive blank labels that I purchase from Amazon.  I like the Avery 8126 labels as they are thicker than some others I've used and their amount of adhesive seems to be good.  There are less expensive options, too.

I print my labels one at a time. Peel the newly printed label off the sheet and keep the remaining label for the next order/package.

I hope this information helped to answer your question.

Cheers .. Rob

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Thanks Alexa ,for your respond, it's seemingly that I've not understand much about Shopify's ecosystem so I asked a silly question that can be found easily in your link

By the way. I have another question. My friend, who has a another webstore but her store is magento-based. After asking her about this shipping label problem, she gave me this article eventhough I am trying to use Shopify, and haven't considered about magento for my store).Here it is: https://blog.magestore.com/shipping-labels-magento-guide/

She said this article is useful for me too because it mention about shoppify's label shipping creater, way to create SL. But they mention shipping label is something that I can generate freely?? I also contact to the webmaster of this website aand they repeated it again

So can I generate a SL my self without paying any fee? So when i am use Magento, SL will be free? I know i am new so forgive me because sometimes I ask silly question.... but i have no experience in commerce filed

Hope for your respond agian

Best Regard

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
426 5 28

Adding one more option to Alexa's points;

Use Shopify apps depending on the carrier you are using. For example, If you are using FedEx, try the FedEx Rates, Labels & Tracking app which will handle FedEx shipping for you. If you want to use multiple carriers and print labels, you can use the Multi Carrier Shipping Label app.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
555 1 14

Since no one answered your last question, let me attempt it. A Shipping label is never free. Because this is how carriers earn money. So if you are using Shopify Shipping, the means Shopify has an account with the carrier. Once you generate label, your account will be charged for that label and this charge you can collect from the customer at checkout, by showing shipping options. Also in the link that you shared, the tool is free not the label itself. With Shopify Shipping it is ver convenient to create labels at a hugely discounted price which is unmatched. In addition, if you already have carrier account which has a better discount rate, Shopify even has a way to use that account with either Shopify shipping or by using the Multi Carrier Shipping label app. Hope i was able to clear your doubt.

Product Owner @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes