Installment Payment Provider for Germany other than Klarna

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi everyone,

we are searching for a payment provider other than Klarna, that offers a shopify payment via installments (in best case 24-month duration). Our shop is active in Germany only. Is anyone familiar of a service that offers something like that in our country? I could only find local payment providers working APIs to Magento, Spryker, Hybris and others.

An alternative would be a provider, that offers an external e-mail check-out (if customers want to pay in installments, they receive an e-mail from us leading to the provider´s website - in best case with our branding).  But also did not find one.

Can somebody give us advice?

Many thanks and best regards from Frankfurt

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3078 232 504

Hi @ihg2006,

Nick here from Shopify. 

I'm wondering if there's another way you could go about this. You could use the Shopify Payments gateway since you are based in Germany where it is available, which would give you no transaction fees as well as support from the Shopify support team. From there you could look into using an app from the Shopify app store for the payment via installment aspect of things. Let's take a look at some of the payment via installment apps from the app store below: 

I'm not 100% sure which of the payment gateways Shopify is partnered within Germany would offer this feature natively. It would be a lot of effort, but it could be worth your while to reach out to each of them to see if this was possible? You can see the payment gateways Shopify is partnered with in Germany here

Do you think the first suggestion could work for you here? 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Jumping in from PayWhirl! 

We specialize in online recurring payments and subscriptions, including interval payments (monthly billing for 24 months). With PayWhirl, it is easy to create payment plans for your products/services, and your customers can sign up for these plans through a widget that you embed to a Shopify Page or Product Page.

The Shopify checkout process is excellent for one time purchases but is unable to save the customer’s card for a future payment. To bypass this limitation we created our own cart system that works through widgets that get embedded directly in your site. This makes the process seamless to customers as they don’t notice they are using our service, but it also means that we are unable to use the cart system or gateways built into Shopify. Unfortunately, this even includes Shopify Payments. That being said, you can connect one of our supported gateways to PayWhirl (Stripe on all plans, Authorize, PayPal (Braintree) and Spreedly.com om Paid plans) and continue using the Shopify Payment gateway for the one time purchases.

Finally, if you only sell products in Germany, PayWhirl provides built-in tools to help you prevent/allow checkouts from specific countries. You can change these settings from the advanced settings page in your PayWhirl account.

I’d are happy to hop on a call, to provide a bit more detail into how you can offer interval payments on Shopify using PayWhirl. You can schedule a call with a PayWhirl me using this link.
Customer Success || PayWhirl || https://app.paywhirl.com/
==============================================================================
PayWhirl provides online recurring payments and subscriptions on Shopify!

Get the App: https://apps.shopify.com/paywhirl-recurring-payments
0 Likes