Insufficient postage on USPS shipping labels bought through Shopify,

TungDsnMfg
1 0 0

Hi All, 

I was wondering if anyone else was having shipments bounced for insufficient USPS postage when the labels have been bought through shopify. This has happened to me twice in a row now.

The first time it was returned to my address and I ended up just buying postage at full rate at the post office because it took two weeks for it to be returned. I was lucky in that my customer was understanding but he got his order nearly 3 weeks after ordering which is not a good look. 

The second time the order made it to the out of state post office but USPS would not release it to my customer without paying the remaining postage. I refunded the customer the difference because they paid what shopify shipping calculated in good faith. I even weighed the package beforehand and overcompensated for weight when buying the shipping label. 

Has anyone else been having trouble recently with shopify USPS shipping labels? I didn't change any of the packaging or shipping settings for months before this started happening and these settings have worked without issue for a long time beforehand. Ease of shipping is one of the main selling points of being on this platform but I can't stay if I have to fix shipping issues on every order. 

Any thoughts, comments, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

- Calvin 

tungdsnmfg.com

0 Likes
cchowell
1 0 0

Hello!

I am having this same issue now, and if you found a solution, please help me out! I’m not understanding why this is going on, but it is so annoying.

Cayley Howell

0 Likes
sources
1 0 0

I'm having the same problem. Is there something that I've suddenly failed to do in preparing my shipments?? I've sent several packages lately all with the same product, same postal rate -- all have the same postage. One has been returned by the post office with insufficient postage sticker. I'm wondering if all the rest will be returned. 

Any ideas of what I've failed to do?

0 Likes