Integration PayPal Express Checkout

Matjaz_Mohoric
Tourist
9 0 3

Hello!

We have an issue with Express Checkout set up in Shopify store. Currently we have business account and the PayPal Express Checkout is activated as payment provider in Shopify admin. But we see that no credit/debit card is set up in checkout page. We've tried to solve the issue in many ways with no success.

Let us help how to establish Express Checkout payment provider on our web page. We need to provide to our clients to pay with credit/debit cards. See attached image; there is what we want to do.

We can only do basic customization in Sopify. In case integration is to demending for us, give us recommendation for shopify expert. 

PayPal buttons.png

Replies 3 (3)

Lana
Shopify Staff (Retired)
849 77 107

Hello @Matjaz_Mohoric!

This is Lana from Shopify. I see you have a question about your payment gateway so I wanted to help you out.

From what I can see you have set PayPal up correctly, but in order for you to be able to receive payments with debit/credit cards, you will need to add an additional gateway which accepts them. This is because the PayPal gateway does not currently offer those options on the checkout.

Depending on what country you are based in, you will be able to find a gateway that is supported in your region here. Once you have chosen a gateway, to integrate it you will need to either follow the guide in this help doc, or if Shopify Payments is available, then we have the information on that here.

Let me know if you have any other questions here, and I will be happy to help you out!

Thanks. Lana

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify
-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Matjaz_Mohoric
Tourist
9 0 3

Hi Lana,

Thanks for your reply. I can see on the list that payment provider in my country is also PayPal Express Checkout; image bellow. According to that it supposed to be able to implement in our shopify web page, isn't it? Or do I miss something?

Matjaz

Screenshot_20210426-170541_Chrome.jpg

Lana
Shopify Staff (Retired)
849 77 107

I see what you're saying here! 

To clarify what I said earlier, while the PayPal Express gateway is available in your region, it does not currently offer the credit/debit card options to customers on the checkout. This is why you will need to look into another gateway on that list and add it to your store following the guides I mentioned in my earlier reply. Do note that if you are choosing any gateway other than Shopify Payments, you will need to set up your account on their website first, and then you will be able to integrate it with the steps from the guide.

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify
-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog