Integration with FBA and Amazon orders for multiple currencies

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi. I have a Shopify US site and a Shopify Canadian site on which I sell my products. I also sell on both Amazon.ca and Amazon.com seller accounts. Currently I have Amazon FBA fulfill both the Shopify orders and the Amazon orders and this works well except that we are still entering the fulfillment requests manually. 

I would like to automate the fulfillment process from both Shopify sites to the relevant Amazon fulfillment centers using Shopify's built in integration but I remember that in the past there was an issue doing so due to conflicting currencies. I am wondering a) if this has been fixed and b) if not, must I then use an app like Bytestand to correct this.

Secondly, I do not want to set up my Shopify orders on seller central but I do want to pull order data from Amazon back into Shopify to have a central order hub for accounting purposes. Can anyone recommend the best pathway to do so?

Thanks all,

Andie

0 Likes

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
43 3 8

Hi Andie,

Shopify's built-in integration only works with Amazon's US marketplace, so it won't work for your Canadian orders. The FBA Shipping app by ByteStand can handle both marketplaces though. It won't pull your Amazon orders into Shopify, but it will pull your Shopify orders into Amazon. So you can use your Amazon data for accounting purposes for both.

Hope that helps!

1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thanks Gennifer, 

This is the thing that confuses me - Shopify says it works with both US and Canadian marketplaces as per this, taken from https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/shipping/fulfillment-services/amazon:

You can use Fulfillment by Amazon to store your inventory at and fulfill your orders from an Amazon.com fulfillment center. Before you set this up, you'll need to have an Amazon Seller Central account.

Note

Shopify's built-in Fulfillment by Amazon integration is available only to Amazon sellers with Amazon Marketplace accounts for the United States and Canada based on your store currency. If your store currency is set to CAD, then your Amazon Marketplace account needs to be for Canada. Otherwise, your Amazon Marketplace account needs to be for the United States. If your Amazon Marketplace account is for another region, then you need to use a third-party app integration for Fulfillment by Amazon.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
43 3 8

Looks like they've updated that page since I last looked at it. It used to only say United States. But it sounds like they're saying it has to be one or the other, not both. Someone from Shopify could probably give more details about that.

I will say that I've heard lots of shop owners say they have problems with the built-in integration not always working. So if you do use it, make sure to keep an eye on it for awhile. If it doesn't work, The FBA Shipping app will be your best bet.

0 Likes