Integration with Shipping API

Highlighted
8 0 0

Hi All,

One of our clients is on Shopify Basic plan and intends to integrate their store with a Shipping API for automating pick-ups and delivery.

Please help with the following questions:

1) Can this be doable if the Client is on Basic Shopify plan? As I understand, there are limitations to customization that can be done, unless the Client upgrades to an Advanced Shopify plan,

2) If the answer is no, then I think the only viable option is to build an app and publish it onto the Shopify marketplace and then integrate that with the store. If this is the case, can anyone advise on the publishing and distribution costs?

Awaiting your replies.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
773 64 91

Hi, Mukesh!

Ted here from Shopify. :-) 

Carrier calculated shipping can be added for free to a Basic ($29) or Shopify plan ($79) if the client pays for their subscription annually instead of monthly. Just so you know, there is a discount for annual subscriptions which applies to all plans:

• Annual saves about 10%
  • Biennial saves about 20%
  • Triennial saves about 25%

Other than this, Carrier Calculated Shipping can be added to a Basic or Shopify plan for an additional $20 per month. If the account owner reaches out to us via live chat, phone or email, Shopify Staff can add it to the account. They can also take this feature off at any stage, once the account owner lets us know. 

As well, it's free to publish an app as long as the app meets all requirements as shown here. Instead, you would earn a revenue share of 80%, for one-time price subscriptions or recurring subscription fees (if you apply that type of charge to your app). We have a great Partners FAQ guide available here if you would like to take a look or, apps@shopify.com can also help.  

Feel free to reach out to our support team any time as well. We're here 24/7 via chats, emails and phone. Just click 'talk to support’ for some more info!

Thanks a mill!

Ted

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
2 0 0

Dear Ted, 

I've decided to join Shopify due to this message & very satisfied that i did ! 

However, could you please guide on how to activate this 20$/month for thrid party calculated shipping? 

Thanks a lot ! and Merry Christmas !!

0 Likes