International Credit card and Paypal declining

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi there. I have someone from the Philippines trying to buy something from my site, but her card keeps getting declined... is there some way around this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
826 50 103

Hi there @Frizzley!

Don here from Shopify.

Could you let us know which credit card gateway you are using that is not processing the payment for that customer?

There should be more info on why this is being declined in your order timeline, under the entry for where they have attempted payment and under this again in another drop-down entitled 'Information from the gateway'.

Try checking this out for any of their attempted payments on an order to see what info the payment gateway is supplying you.

Have you been in touch with PayPal support yet to see if they can share any insights into the payments declined by their gateway?

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Shopify Support,

I encountered the same issue with payment processing. My customer from US and Philippines got declined their card as well many times. Im using Paypal as gateway payment. I see the record from abandoned checkouts with message "The Buyer cannot pay with PayPal for this Transaction." Please help.  Thans

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

To my knowledge all shipments via USPS to the Phillipines have been suspended.  I assume due to Covid-19 concerns.  Perhaps the gateway is doing you a favor because it is knowing you cannot fulfill?

0 Likes