International Payment provider options (Not 2checkout)

LaseMakers
Shopify Partner
101 1 28

Hi,

I'm a Shopify Partner based in El Salvador, and most of my clients are from El Salvador. 

My biggest challenge is giving my clients a good payment provider they can use for their websites, all of them have been denied by 2Checkout for different reasons.

Shopify only choices for my country are:

• Paysera
  • Paymentwall

Do any of you have another alternative, and if no, could anyone give feedback on any of these 2 options.

Your answers will be deeply appreciated. Thank you!!

P.S: Shopify you really need to solve this problem for your international clients, you closed our doors to really be a e-commerce competitive store. 

Replies 3 (3)

Hank
Shopify Staff
1102 128 187

Hi, @LaseMakers,

Hank here from Shopify.

Expanding our list of payment gateways for merchants to use, is a crucial part of what Shopify wants to do, to give our merchants more choices to help run their store. It is a process that takes time, as each payment gateway has to be approved in the chosen country, which is something outside of our control. Then it would also need to work with the Shopify platform, so there are many steps in this process, but it is something that is continually being worked on.

As you mentioned you are in El Salvador, I have the list of the currently approved platforms for your client to choose from here. I would not be able to explain the reasons that 2Checkout has denied your clients as all of these payment gateways are third-party and would have their own authentication process.

While it is not available right now, the team will be announcing more in the coming months about hosted payment SDK gateways via this page here. That could be another option down the line, but I will also share a link to both our Changelog and Announcements page, both of which will provide updates to the platform when they get announced.

Outside of the above, hopefully, someone who has experience with those payment gateways in the community will come across this and be able to add some value to you here.

Let me know if you have any questions.

All the best,

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

LaseMakers
Shopify Partner
101 1 28

Hi @Hank 

Thank you for all your information I will be alert of any updates to this problem.

I understand that third party paymeny gateways decisions are out of your control, but Shopify Payment  is something you guys control, and is also out of our reach. When it should be for all paying merchants using Shopify platform. 

Really hope this is something Shopify fix in the near future.

Best regards,

Hank
Shopify Staff
1102 128 187

That is great to hear you will be checking those pages for future updates.

As Shopify is not a bank, Shopify payments are powered by Stripe, so it again would be something outside of our control, but it is one we are wanting to see in the future. It is our mission to have more options for our merchants, and hopefully, Shopify Payments or more payment gateways are available to your clients in the future. 

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog