International Shipping: Everything You Need to Know to Deliver Beyond Your Borders

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
18 0 8

If you are looking to learn more about Internationl Shipping make sure you check out this post on the Shopify blog that touches on the following: 

• Building an international shipping strategy
  • Shipping internationally through Shopify
  • What to charge international customers for shipping
  • Finding country regulations
  • Preparing packages
  • Working with multiple carriers
  • Pricing out your shipping

International Shipping: Everything You Need to Know to Deliver Beyond Your Borders

Online Community Manager at Shopify
1 Like
Tourist
20 0 1

I will read it, Thank you.

WhatsApp business/T: +6681 573 6943 Shopify, eGHL, 2Checkout official Partner. And many Apps Partner. Email: jade@ecommerce-center.com www.jadecommercecenter.com, www.ecommerce-center.com Line Business ID: @jadecommerce (have @ in front of my name)
0 Likes
Explorer
240 0 20

Thanks for the great article. Just what I needed to read today!

1 Like

Thanks for pulling this together -- it's a great resource. 

One of the things we've found in working with our customers is how many shop owners take advantage of 'epacket' shipping from Chinese-based dropshippers. It might be useful in a future version of this article to expand on epacket shipping and its advantages.

--
Kevin Bedell
Shopify Partner
https://apps.shopify.com/shop-clerk-store-assistant-for-amazon-alexa
0 Likes
Tourist
76 0 1

Thank you for the very informative article on International shipping.

I would like to stress on a few factors which i consider important : 

1. Clearing customs is a big ask for businesses and it therefore requires a very neat and well represented commercial invoice. Many a times, we hear hefty fines being levied for goods that have been faultily declared. This process should be done with utmost care.

2. Packaging. We have seen many storeowners losing money on non-optimal packaging. A robust shipping solution should ideally have a multiple ways to pack items optimally in a box. Packaging should be either based on :

a) weight, or

b) Volumetric packaging

3. It is also important to use different carriers for domestic and international shipping as these shipments are for different purposes : 

For example, domestic shipments can have cheaper USPS flat options.

International shipping would ideally require a priority shipping service(like FedEx international Priority) for which you may have to pay a heavy amount. 

Based on your need and budget this should be properly selected and automatically handled by a solution like Multi carrier Shipping Label app.

4. In addition, if your items are priced on a higher range, you can even think of accommodating  the cost of shipping in the product and offer Free Shipping to customers. 

0 Likes