International Shipping Method ?

Highlighted
10 0 0
Hello Everyone, What is the best way to ship internationally ? USPS Priority International, USPS Express International, FedEx or UPS. USPS Priority International is the cheapest but does it offer tracking after the package leaves United States? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
19 0 4
From what I have seen so far there is nothing after leaving the US - or it is very slow to update.
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 3
I prefer courier companies because of the tracking and security. Depending on your volume you can get some really good rates. I use UPS Saver and it costs less than US$20 for 1kg (shipping from India). You should do some research into rates vs. security and reliability and make a decision based on that.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
23 0 3
I use Fed Ex. I have never had a problem. They are fast, provide excellent tracking info, and their website is very easy to use.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 2
From my experience you will only want to use a courier service for your clothing. It is usually very reasonable to courier clothing as it doesn't take up much space and is generally light to ship. Both FedEx and UPS are very reliable. Also make sure you are fully aware of your customs information including free trade agreements and country of origin as tariff charges can cost you more than the shipping in certain countries. Even if your customers are paying the customs charges they can get pretty annoyed if they have to pay a large tariff on top of the cost of the goods.
0 Likes
Highlighted
13 0 0

The world's leading international shipper is DHL (owned by the German Post Office).

For calculating the rates to display on your shopping cart, you could configure Shopify to use USPS Priority Mail rates plus a small percentage, but call it something like, "Premium International SAhipping". Monitor your shipping profit margin each week, and adjust the shipping rates accordingly.

DHL delivery is very fast (2 to 4 days to most countries as opposed to weeks via USPS), their tracking is awesome, and customers all over the world recognize the name.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
424 5 28

Hello,

This depends on the weight and dimensions of the product, but most of the time USPS stands out among the rest. USPS will almost be the cheapest option unless your package is heavy or there are any special shipments that USPS can't ship. But, as you have mentioned, USPS tracking is slow to update or it doesn't provide tracking at all.

FedEx would be a good option since they are fast and provide excellent tracking info. Also, since you are shipping international, you need to take care of the customs duties as well, which is handled well in FedEx. But, since Shopify doesn't directly handle FedEx shipping unlike USPS, you will have to manually handle this or use an app like FedEx Rates, Labels and Tracking app to handle FedEx shipping.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes
Highlighted

0 Likes