International Shipping from US

Highlighted
1 0 1

I am struggling to figure out if my business will need some sort of customs label if I would like to ship my product outside of the US. If I do, where and how would I obtain that for each specific order? Can anyone go more in depth if so.

1 Like
Shopify Partner
153 0 9

Hi, eamcallaster!

That's a good question. A few years back when I was playing around with crowdfunding, I had the same question and learned by, well, trial and error!

The first thing to consider here is which carrier will be shipping your product such as USPS, UPS, FedEx, or DHL.

For example, if you're using USPS, they'll have you fill out a customs form at the post office (or online). You can read about that here: https://www.usps.com/international/customs-forms.htm

Do you know which carrier you will be using to ship internationally?

e-commerce order fulfillment made fast. simple. easy. www.fulfillrite.com
1 Like
3 0 0

Hello,

I am trying to determine if my product can be sold and distributed in Canada, United Kingdom,European Union, Puerto Rico, and Australia.

How do I determine if there is a special number, licences, or certification is needed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much,

Stephanie

How do you determine if your products can be sold and shipped to other countries such as Canada, Australia, UK

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
153 0 9

Hi Stephanie,

With little to go on regarding the specific product you are hoping to ship, here are some rules of thumb you can follow.

1. Figure out your item's HS Code: https://www.freightos.com/freight-resources/harmonized-system-code-finder-hs-code-lookup/
  2. Google your HS code followed by the word "restrictions" and then the name of the country.

HS codes are the common language for international shipping, so this should make your searching much more productive.

Good luck!

Brandon, Fulfillrite

e-commerce order fulfillment made fast. simple. easy. www.fulfillrite.com
0 Likes
3 0 0
Thank you so very much. I have bath soaps and salts. I appreciate your
help.
0 Likes
Excursionist
313 0 7

You need a custom declaration form to ship to international destinations. Usually there are solutions that can automatically pull in your product and order info and then populate the customs form thereby negating any manual work from your side. Every carrier has a customs form available like UPS, USPS, FedEx, DHL, etc. You can try the Multi Carrier Shipping label app for this which allows you to generate labels, commercial invoice(customs declaration form), and any other relevant document which you may require for international shipping.

0 Likes