International shipping from UK

Tourist
8 0 4

Hi, I know this might be an old topic. But I'm new to this business so would appreciate any advice.

I have a UK based women's clothing shop. Our customers are mostly from UK, but lately we start to get orders from US and other European countries, such as Ireland, Germany, etc. We some times have 5 international deliveries each week, sometimes none.  I'm using Royal mail now but the service seems to be quite slow. Also tracked service is quite expensive (around £10-12 each item, small parcel, around 200-400g) Our clothes are priced around £20-40 so this is a big cost to customers. We have Royal mail business account set up. For UK it's really good offering. But for international, there isn't any discount. Any other options that anyone can recommend? Thanks.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
118 0 16

Hey there! 

Have you looked into DHL? They have very competitive international shipping rates, especially with DHLeCommerce. They're definitely worth looking into :) 

Co-founder, Intuitive Shipping
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
154 0 8

Hi Lily,

I would look into Easyship (easyship.com) for your shipping. They have multiple options you can choose from, and they shop the cheapest rates, and make suggestions for timing and value. We have done some business with them recently and found them to be really helpful.

Good luck!

Michael

e-commerce order fulfillment made fast. simple. easy. www.fulfillrite.com
0 Likes
Tourist
8 0 4

Thanks Michael. I had a look. It seems that they only ship from US and 3 other countries. They don't ship from UK as it's not avaialbe on the drop down menu.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
154 0 8

Hi Lily,

Thanks for correcting that! I appreciate it, and will update our files accordingly.

I will see if we have worked with other partners who might be able to help you. If you'd like me to send you a direct email, that can work as well. my email address is michaels@fulfillrite.com.

Michael

e-commerce order fulfillment made fast. simple. easy. www.fulfillrite.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi,

I'm a bit late to the thread but I'm a UK retailer that sells baby products and I want to order shipping to the US and Europe but I'm just wondering which is the best shipping service to use and how to set it up in my store.

Has anyone has problems with customs?

Thanks Helen

0 Likes