International shipping/ invoicing question

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

I sell a product that is shipped at two different times.  A kit is shipped for and then final product shipped at later date.   I am looking for a way to add both items to the invoice, one would be listed as free item, so that separate tracking/fullfillment can be placed on each item.   Any suggestions on how best to do this? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
540 31 86

Hi, @PattyC.

Tira here, from Shopify Support. 

I am happy to help you here with your question. I would like to ask for more information so that I can direct you to the right resources. What kind of products are you selling? Does it matter which item is free, and would you be shipping one item first on the same order, and need to ship the item out at a different time, also on the same order? 

Let me know if I understood that correctly! I look forward to hearing from you.

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1
Hi Tina. The first item to ship is a kit. It will be free. The finished product will ship at different date. Need to be able to ship/track each item separately.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
134 4 54

One way of going about it would be to create a Draft order for the customer at the time of purchase.

That way, you're including both the kit and the finished product under the same order, that will eventually be paid for and accounted for in the same invoice.

More information here: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/orders/create-orders

It is however a manual process for each customer. It also assumes you're getting the card details before actually sending the free kit, which might not be the case for you. In addition, shipping them separately might prove difficult if they're on the same order.

If you'd like to walk us through some more details of exactly what you need, @Tira and I might be able to help more.

0 Likes