Is Shopify Payments allowed based on my situation?

Highlighted
Excursionist
13 0 12

Hi there,

I need to know if I can enable shopify payments. I registered the LLC and it's signed by the secretary of state. I drop ship from US to outside. I'm not a US citizen but out of the US temporarily. I applied for EIN since I registered My business as a LLC and waiting to receive it from the IRS. I do have a US business address for the LLC and a business bank account. I saw that the SSN is required to set up shopify payments. Can I use EIN instead? since I'm not US citizen. I can also provide my Passport and a valid US drivers license I had last year. So I have the following:

• A Government-issued ID (Passport), I also have a US B1/B2 VISA, and a US driver's license (2nd US personal address included)
  • A Tax ID in the United States:
    1. EIN (FOR MY LLC)
  • Business registration documents (Registered in the US with the government secretary of state)
  • I use spocket and other wholesale companies so the business is operating from the US.
  • A USD checking account & a business address.

Shopify payments is not available in my country so I need to see if I can apply with all of my documents. Do I need to apply for ITIN to be added instead of SNN or the EIN with all of my documents is enough?

Let me know what to do in detail please

Abdulaziz Almutairi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3272 246 562

Hi @Azezmutairi4,

Nick here from Shopify. 

There are a number of requirements you need to be eligible for Shopify Payments (SP's). Being in a country where SP's is eligible is the primary requirement, but there are some others once you have that. If you are looking to register for the USA but are not a USA citizen or residing in the USA, you still may be eligible (but not guaranteed). You would need the following details: 

1. Government issued photo ID (driver's license, passport, etc. - non-US ID may be accepted)
  2. A Tax ID in the United States:
    1. EIN if you have a LLC/Corp
    2. SSN if you are a Sole Proprietor
  3. Business registration document (Registered in the US with the government)
  4. Proof that the business is actually operating from the US. This can include tracking showing you are shipping from the US or proof of a physical US address (not a forwarding address).
  5. A USD checking account opened with a real US banking institution, located on US soil. Virtual banks and currency services will not work for this, it must be a real US bank

Something else to note is that a bank statement would not be a valid proof of address. 

This is something which the team would need to review (with all of the above information), so I will need to email you directly about this if you want to continue the process. Let me know and I can email you to get the process started.

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes