Is a 3D Secure Payment Gateway for Shopify Australia Possible?

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi 

I have been struggling to find any info on a 3D secure payment gateway for my Australian Shopify site. I know that Sagepay, Worldpay and 2Checkout offer 3D Secure but of these only 2Checkout offer services in Australia and I had an awful time trying to set up an account with them and after a couple of months of trying to deal with terrible service I eventuallygave up. 

Has anyone had any success setting up an Australian Shopify store with a 3D Seure payment gateway?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
253 1 25

Hi there!

My name is John and I'm a Guru here at Shopify!

As you've probably already seen, there are only a certain number of gateways which offer 3D secure checks available for use with Shopify.

However, checking that list against the list of all gateways available for use in Australia shows us that the Worldpay (Offsite) gateway is available there and would provide the 3D secure check you desire.

I hope you can work with one of the providers listed to get a solution in place that will work for your store. :)

Best of luck with everything here!

Regards,
John

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi John,

Thanks for your response I have previously tried to get in touch wilth Worldpay and have been unsuccessful with multiple attempts. They have no phone or email that can be contacted, only a webform that can be filled out then waiting for a response. Having done this multiple times to no avail I assumed that they must not actually be active in Austraia. Woulf you happen to know any way of contacting them directly?

Thanks,

Charles.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
253 1 25

Hi again Charles!

John here from Shopify once more.

Thanks for getting back to me here to update me. :)

Checking out their contact page I can only see the request a callback form that you're probably referring to here for rest of world customers.

If you've tried this a number of times to no avail, I might suggest getting onto their social media channels linked at the bottom of the page?

I have no experience with their social teams but a tweet or Facebook post can often get some visibility when other channels aren't working out for you.

Hope you can get a hold of them one way or another so you can move forward or move past this as applicable.

Good luck in any case! :)

Regards,
John

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
8 0 2

Hi Charles,

We've been using Payzen for more than a year (French-based payment gateway) and it provides 3Dsecure integrated with Shopify. It's really marked the end of frauds and nightmares for us. Feel free to reach out to them on behalf of me, they don't appear yet on the list of 'public' payment gateways as Shopify requires a few dozen customers to be using the platform to be listed there.

https://payzen.eu/en/contact/

Hope this will help merchants like you who are in the same situation as we were last year...

Cheers

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi, John,
I also have a question about 3d secure for online payment, we are in Australia, and using 3d secure as our payment gateways, which is accepted as a third party payment gateway by shopify, and they do support 3d secure, does that mean I can set up 3d secure for my online store? And do I need to do any setting up on my end?

Regards

Forestwest 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi, Don,

Just wonder if shopify payment support 3D secure in Australia? And which bank account I should use to connect to shopify payments?

0 Likes
Highlighted

@forestwestau Hi, my name is lynn from Oceanpayment - Shopify's offical payment providers. 

I think shopify and Stripe payment , they can not do the 3DS techinically that has been mentioned couple of times in this forum.
However, Oceanpayment can defenitly help you with that.https://www.oceanpayment.com/

Oceanpayment, a global payment service provider strives to offer safe, convenient, professional and simple payment solutions to merchants conducting cross-border business.Headquarters in Hong Kong, Oceanpayment comprises a group of experts who have years of working experience and in-depth understanding in payment industry. Operating globally, we have set up Technology & Operation Centers or Business Entity in Shenzhen, Australia, America, Europe and Singapore.
Send me an email i can give you some information and we can jump on a call to slove your questions. 
my email address: lynnwang@oceanpayment.com.  Looking forward to hearing from you! 

Shopify official payment provider
0 Likes