Is manual bank deposit and online bank transfer available as payment methods in Shopify?

Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm considering using Shopify for a small company in Peru and wonder if the payment options available through Shopify can be used efficiently for the Peruvian market. In particular, I wonder if someone could please confirm whether the following two payment methods can be implemented in a Shopify site:

- Bank deposit: After making an online order, the customer receives the details of our company's bank account (bank name and account number). He/she visits a local bank office in person, deposits the appropriate amount into our account, receives a receipt (slip confirming the deposit) from the bank employee, scans the receipt and sends us the scanned image as a confirmation of his/her payment.

- Bank transfer: After making an online order, the customer logs into his/her bank account (online), and makes a transfer from that bank account directly to our bank account.

I'd appreciate any feedback.

Thomas

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
480 36 78

Hi Thomas, 

You can certainly opt to accept bank deposits or bank transfers. It's specifically referred to as accepting manual payment: https://www.shopify.ca/faq/can-i-accept-funds-manually?utm_medium=forum&utm_campaign=Guru+ASK&utm_so...

You can learn more about these methods and how to set them up here: https://help.shopify.com/manual/payments/manual-payments?utm_medium=forum&utm_campaign=Guru+ASK&utm_....

Hope that helps! Let us know if we can assist with any other questions. - JP

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Is there a way to enable manual payments for particular client and not for others, ie I would like to provide this as a payment option, but only for trade clients and not for everyone.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 0
Is it safe to post your bank account online for shopify buyers?
0 Likes