Is order sent before shopify sends payment to my card?

Solved
Highlighted
5 0 0

let's say a user orders a product, is it sent before or after the money is in my bank?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
718 75 129

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @rexx!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

Great question! It would depend greatly on what payment provider you are using. If you are using Shopify Payments, then the pay period is usually 2-4 days as listed in our guide here. Saying that the funds might not appear in your bank account right after they're sent. Banks typically take between 24-72 hours to process deposits to your bank account so you would usually need to fulfil the order and then the money will reach your account. If you are using a third-party payment provider then their pay periods might vary but you will need to speak to them directly about that for more information. 

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions at all. I am always happy to help! Don't forget to check out our Shopify Academy, we have so many free short courses that are really informative. You can enrol at any time here!

Kind regards,

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes