Is there a limit to the number of manual rates that can be added?

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello! I am wondering whether there is a limit to how many manual (weight or price based) shipping rates can be added to a store. I have an extremely wide variety of products and am considering using weight-based shipping, however I will need to add several manual rates/ranges. Before going too far, I wanted to know if there was a known limit. 

Please note that I prefer to use this method and not use third party apps at this time, if possible. 

Please let me know your thoughts!   Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
514 34 73

Hi, @Edgebrook_TS!

Sophia here from Shopify. Welcome to the Shopify Community!

I double checked with our Shipping team and can confirm there are no limits to the amount of price-based or weight-based manual rates you can set under Settings > Shipping. No third-party app necessary in this case. :)

Do you have an idea of how many rates you'll need to set up? Are they for products you store the inventory for, or are you working with a fulfillment center? I'd be happy to discuss this further with you if you need any help sorting it out. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Sophia,

Thank you for your quick response!  This is great news.

We will be adding approximately 30-40 rates.  Our products, which are all stored by us, range anywhere from 2 lbs up to a few hundred pounds).  Some of our items are shipped parcel (we can use shopify shipping), while others must be transported by a trucking/shipping company.  We're working out the final rates/ranges and should be able to implement them soon.  We are very glad we will be able to manage shipping rates this way without extra costs/third party apps.

Again - thank you!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
514 34 73

No problem! Don't hesitate to reply here if you run into any questions while setting up the rates. I'd be happy to help out, and I can even send you an email to dig into things further if necessary.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes