Is there a maximum number of gift cards that can be used to make a purchase?

Solved

Hello,

as per title, is there an hard-limit in the maximum number of gift cards that can be used to complete a purchase?

Or it can be any number?

• If the problem is solved remember to click ✅ to Accept Solution
• Press Like ?? if the answer was helpful
• Shopify/Shopify Plus custom development, optimization and consulting. You can hire me here.
0 Likes
Mac
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
9 1 1

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @drakedev!

Mac here from Shopify.

Thanks for taking the time to post your query here on our forums.

I can confirm that there isn’t a hard limit on the number of gift cards that can be applied to a particular order, meaning your customers will be able to apply more than one gift card at the checkout. If you are looking to limit the number of gift cards per order, this might be possible on our Shopify Plus plan.

While on the topic of gift cards, they are a great resource to increase sales and customer base, and are available on all plans. Over 60% of gift cards are redeemed by someone other than the original buyer, meaning you have the chance to connect with multiple customers! I suggest browsing over our gift cards help document here, our Shopify Compass video here, and our FAQ here, to learn more about the limitations and possibilities when using gift cards.

Feel free to share your current marketing strategy in regard to promoting your gift cards and other discounts. I would love to know more so that I can provide you with some additional tips and resources.

Mac | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Thank you Mac, all clear

• If the problem is solved remember to click ✅ to Accept Solution
• Press Like ?? if the answer was helpful
• Shopify/Shopify Plus custom development, optimization and consulting. You can hire me here.
0 Likes