Is there a way can I add Transaction Fee to the total price in checkout?

user12050
5 0 0

If the user choose credit card as payment I want to add a Transaction Fee in their total amount? Is this possible in Shopify?

Replies 3 (3)

user12050
5 0 0

Anyone can help me here?

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

Hey, @user12050.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out.

I understand you're looking to add the transaction fees for credit card purchases to the order's total. While this isn't possible by default, as the transaction fees are charged to the merchant by the credit card companies. However, you can consider marking up your products by the same percentage as your fees. This way, customers aren't seeing the additional fees on their order, which should also be a better customer experience for them as well. 

Alternatively, there's also a third-party app, called Order & Product Fees. Based on the description on their app's page, Order & Product Fees can add fees or additional options to your product or cart page. If you need any assistance with this app, the app developer are always available to help. To get in touch with the developer, you can use the contact information found in the Support section of their app's page. 

I hope this gives you a couple of options to explore. If you have any other questions on this topic, don't hesitate to let me know!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

RKF
Visitor
1 0 0

While the app mentioned above will allow you to add a fee based on a percentage, the biggest problem I have found is that it is based on Product Subtotals only. Shipping, taxes, and other fees are not included in the cart subtotal rendering the option basically moot. You can recoup some of your costs for a cc fee, but not all of them. 

Our store has products for customers with a negotiated price. Because of this we cannot edit the product prices. I am still searching for a solution to capture all of the cart in a fee.