Is there a way to add a buzzer code line to shipping address?

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
10 0 3

We do our own order delivery and about 70% of orders are to apartment buildings. A problem we often encounter is getting access to the building. A buzzer code is often required. Sometimes the receipient is listed in the directory and we can look them up. Often they are not. I am wondering if there is a way to add an optional field for shipping which says something like "Buzzer Code (If applicable)"?

I know there is a field for shipping line 2. I don't want to overwrite that because we need that for the order number but ideally right below it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
227 27 33

Are you on Shopify Plus? If so, you could add the field easily, otherwise, you could use another existing field that you don't need for anything else and just change the title to "Buzzer Code (If applicable)".

I hope that helps!

We help you achieve your Goals! Visit us on: Webmefy.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
10 0 3
Thanks for your reply gseilei!
I’m not on Shopify Plus and I don’t think there is an existing field I can reappropriate. I need company name, I need address line 2, need phone number. Is there anything else - maybe something that’s hidden by default or something that applies specifically to couriers since we don’t use couriers.
0 Likes