Is there a way to restrict customers from using a separate billing and shipping address?

Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

Unfortunately we have encountered multiple fraudulent purchases from customers using unmatching billing and shipping addresses. Is there an option on shopify to require billing and shipping to be the same in order for the customer to complete a purchase?

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
99 0 5

Hi Joey,

It's Shauna here from the guru team, thanks for getting in touch. :)

By default, Shopify sets the same shipping and billing address to the same address on the checkout page. The checkbox that allows customers to have different shipping and billing addresses is still on the checkout page, so customers have the option to enable separate shipping and billing addresses.

There isn't a way to require that both shipping and billing addresses are the same within the admin, however I'd recommend a Fraud app such as Fraud Filter https://apps.shopify.com/fraud-filter where you can add this filter to orders, and block orders if the addresses don't match the criteria.

Hope this helps!

Shauna

:)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2
I’m trying to do this VIA the fraud filter App.

It doesn’t give me that option, it only gives the option to block certain things that match whatever text I enter. I can’t predict the shipping address so how can I set this up automatically
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 2

Hello,

Has a solution been found to this problem? I only want people to be able to ship to their billing address. Thanks!

Highlighted
3 0 0

What did you end up figuring out?  I have the same issue.  Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2
I think I have found a away finally! Well I’m 90% certain this app is able to do it, just haven’t got around to this particular issue yet.

The app is called Arigato Automations, and you can just about automate anything! So shouldn’t be an issue.

I’m the the process of dealing with another issue & the customer support is one of the best I’ve had yet to be honest!

Highly recommended.
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0
Thank you!! I will try that.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 2
Hello!

I haven't found a solution yet unfortunately. Could you please let me know
if the above solution provided worked for you?

Thanks!
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Has anyone figured this out? It is still not an option in Fraud filter. We also have lost $1,000's in fraudulent purchases due to this problem. We go in and cancel any orders that don't match billing/shipping because of this.. but it would be a lot easier if Shopify gave the option to require matching addresses if that's what our shop chooses in order to avoid lost dollars. Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0
Use this app. They will add that feature if you ask them. Excellent
support. Hopefully you can see the screenshot attached. It's call
"FraudBlock Fraud Prevention"

0 Likes