Is there a way to send replacement order that was not received by the customer at no charge

Monte_Rios
Visitor
1 0 0

Would like to know if there is a way to send a replacement order at no charge and purchase the shipping label through shopify? I created a draft duplicate order but there is no way to buy the shipping label without marking the order paid or having the customer pay again. Seems there should be a way to send out replacement orders on and existing order when USPS screws it up. Anyone have any ideas? 

Replies 3 (3)

Brie
Shopify Staff
571 48 113

Hey, @Monte_Rios

You're on the right track with creating a draft order! You'll just want to discount the order for 100% and then when you send them the invoice it will be for $0 at the checkout. You can even add a custom shipping rate for $0 if they've already paid for it previously. Alternatively you can refund them their original shipping cost, not select any shipping in the draft order, and then have them select it again at checkout - whichever fits to the situation. Hope that helps! 

20-43-9vjlb-75mft

20-43-5o21o-7fzr5

Brie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

tadargroup
Visitor
2 0 0

HI, I follow this process but it appears the details dont show on the report "Sales by discount"

Is there any reports we can do as I would like to see the value of the re-shipped items as its a lose of 100% on them

Darren

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1666 108 217

@tadargroup wrote:

HI, I follow this process but it appears the details dont show on the report "Sales by discount"

Is there any reports we can do as I would like to see the value of the re-shipped items as its a lose of 100% on them

Darren

Hi, Darren!

Sophia here from Shopify.

The Sales by discount report accounts for automatic discounts or discount codes applied at checkout, so you're correct that it won't include discounts applied to draft orders. However, any discounts you apply to draft orders will still be recognized in other sales reports like Sales over time. Here is an example of a draft order I placed on my test store with a 100% discount:

21-04-esvct-ph8e0

Let me know if this works for you. Draft orders with discounts will simply be omitted from the Sales by discount report, but any reports that do include the draft order should reflect the discount you applied (all reports that include the draft order should reflect $0.00 in net sales if a 100% discount was applied, as in the example above).

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog