Is there any possible way to add MULTI origin shipping addresses without paying??

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hello, all!

Thanks for taking a moment to read my post and/or answer my question. 

After spending a week trying to find a solution my shipping issues (like MANY, MANY others have)- I have given up on trying to find a way to get around the lack of shipping options Shopify has (per item rates, being able to use rates from drop shipping/printing/fulfillment apps *basic plan, multi-vender shipping payment customization options, no real way to customize shipping at all....)

So, I figured if I could JUST find out SOME TYPE OF WAY to add a few different origin shipping addresses, I could possibly work around this problem that has cause my shop to have major issues. I'm looking for a solution that I DO NOT have to pay for. My shop is new, self-funded and due to the issues I just mentioned, ALL extra funds I had saved for my store are gone. Meaning, I can not, in any way, afford paid apps or extra fees for services. 

If this is a hopeless endeavor, please let me know! I do hope that some amazing person will have the fix-it answer to my biggest obstacle right now. 

Best of luck! <3

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
46 0 12

Hi!

Alex here from the Shopify Support team. 

I definitely hear you - I know that some of our merchants struggle with pain points regarding shipping, and I'll make sure to pass along this feedback on your behalf so we can keep it in mind for any developments moving forward.

I'm afraid at the moment there isn't any way to add multiple origin shipping addresses for free. The most common no-cost way that people tend to work around this is to use Manual Weight-Based Rates. Since these are flat rates and not affected by differences in shipping distance for individual orders (like calculated rates, which rely on both addresses to calculate the shipping rate), only zones, they're a bit easier to customize reliably. 

If you want to discuss more in-depth what your specific needs and struggles are with the shipping rates, you can always reach out to us directly. We have a great understanding of the system and can definitely walk you through what the options are for your set-up. 

I hope this helps and please don't hesitate to reach out with any follow-up questions!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello.

I found this topic on Google and I have the same issue. Maybe in a year that passed since the conversation, something has changed.

My shop works with manufacturers in different countries (Europe, USA). They ship the products to my buyers, so the shipping cost is not always the same. I have only one shipping origin adress available in my store.

Is there an option to solve this issue without expensive apps?

Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Hi! 

I have the same issue. Is there any solution since the last post? In my e-commerce, I have multiple origin shipping addresses and I want to link my customers (using their locations) with the closest shop (all of them within the same city). I've been looking for an adequate app but I haven't found anything really useful. 

It's not a shop locator since they only show the shops on a map. What I want is to redirect my customers' purchases to the closest origin shipping address.

Thank you.

1 Like
Highlighted
18 0 0

Following this thread....we have a US Shopify store, but our manufacturing side in Spain also dropships for us.  I can't seem to find a Shopify shipping/fulfillment app that can handle a European address so we ar edoing everything manually.  Does anyone know of anything?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Did you solve your issue? I had the same situation and found these 2 apps. I know initial person who asked the question was against paid apps. But I wanted to share the links here anyways if someone is looking for the same solution.

This app already confirmed that with multi warehouse add-on is it possible to set several shipping origins and calculate shipping cost at checkout accordingly: https://apps.shopify.com/advanced-shipping-manager-for-shopify 

Here is another solution: https://apps.shopify.com/intuitive-shipping

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi Alexandra.

I have the same problem, you should definitely implement this solution, in situations where there is more than 1 dropshipping provider the management of shipments on your platform becomes very complicated.

I need to include the shipping in my prices to solve this, however the price becomes more expensive when customers carry more than one product from my store, making my competition more attractive to buy in bulk.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I found if you go into settings under locations, you can add locations (up to 4) and change the default and priority and thats where your shipping rates will come from . its a pain to due it for every order, but if you have a budget or only a couple orders from another location, it can work.

0 Likes