Is there any way to change the shipping label setting to the format 4x6?

MDD
Excursionist
39 0 29

@ ezrachavarin: Shopify shipping will print 4x6 labels, it's just that like SO many things on this platform it's difficult to find the option and no one who actually works at Shopify has the slightest idea what to do.

Just follow this chain:  Orders > Click on order you want to ship > Click "Create shipping label" > Select shipping service > Click "Buy 1 shipping label" > After page loads look directly above the "Print shipping label" button and you should see a sentence "Change format: 8x11", click it and select 4x6.  Now your labels will print correctly on your label printer (assuming you select the correct settings in the print panel).

Why in the WORLD is this so complicated and why in the WORLD is it not in the "Shipping and Labels" section of your store settings?  I have no idea.  I too think Shopify is shoddy at best, but it's cheap and it works so I keep using it, despite a raft of missing and hidden features.   I not only don't recommend Shopify to people (family, friends, customers etc) I tell them to AVOID shopify.  

GabiH
1 0 0

I am having the same issue. No option to change label size, only to print test label. 

Screen Shot 2021-03-06 at 11.27.27 PM.png

 please help me with this. beyond frustrated.

0 Likes
MDD
Excursionist
39 0 29

It helps if you actually read the responses people make in a thread.  Here's the answer to your question, pasted from the post DIRECTLY above yours.

Just follow this chain:  Orders > Click on order you want to ship > Click "Create shipping label" > Select shipping service > Click "Buy 1 shipping label" > After page loads look directly above the "Print shipping label" button and you should see a sentence "Change format: 8x11", click it and select 4x6.  Now your labels will print correctly on your label printer (assuming you select the correct settings in the print panel).

CrescentMan
1 0 0

Im having the exact same problem please help

0 Likes
jgrant013
1 0 0

I have the same problem and your guide is out of date.  Some of the fields in the illustrated version simply do not exist.

I am having trouble changing shipping labels from 8.5 x 11 to 4 x 6.  Like the previous comment, I can print a test label but cannot set my preferred label size as a default.

Any ideas on how to resolve?

0 Likes
MDD
Excursionist
39 0 29

Note:  If you are not the store owner you won't see the "Change format" link. 

I'm sorry but you are incorrect.  I just walked through the exact steps I listed below and nothing has changed.  I've attached a screenshot of where to change the shipping label size.  Remember that, aggravatingly enough, you have to first BUY the shipping label, ONLY after you buy the shipping label will you see the "Change Format" option above the "Print Shipping Label" button.  It's unbelievably obtuse that they don't put this in the Shipping settings area instead of lock it behind something you have to BUY before you can use it. 

Again, I did this less than 5 minutes ago and it worked exactly as described.

Follow this action chain: Orders > Click on order you want to ship > Click "Create shipping label" > Select shipping service > Click "Buy 1 shipping label" > After page loads look directly above the "Print shipping label" button and you should see a sentence "Change format: 8x11", click it and select 4x6. Now your labels will print correctly on your label printer (assuming you select the correct settings in the print panel).it works.jpg

0 Likes
MDD
Excursionist
39 0 29

Im having the exact same problem please help

If you simply scroll through the conversation before posting you will find MULTIPLE places where the solution is posted.  

0 Likes
MDD
Excursionist
39 0 29

never mind

0 Likes