Is there any way to change the shipping label setting to the format 4x6?

Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

Hello guys, I am currently trying to change the shipping label format to 4x6, as required by my supplier. Although I am having trouble figuring out this on my own. They print our labels for us, however they claim that we must edit the format ourselves. When I go into shipping settings > shipping label  All that I am able to click is "print test" label for both letter & thermal, or buy shipping labels at a discounted rate.  

Please and Thanks,

Jaime T.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
573 32 90

Hi, @JTowers.

Tira here, from Shopify. 

I appreciate you doing some of your own research and seeing if you can print a label from your supplier in the Shopify admin. You are correct, when you go into the Shipping page of your admin and to the "Shipping Labels" section, you can print a test label to see how the label will look like after being printed from your printer. This is only a test, so there's no involvement with whichever courier you choose to buy or print your labels from, for your store. 

I did some digging and it looks like printing a label in a 4x6 format can be done within your own printer settings. If you take a look at our help doc on printing test labels, you can follow the instructions for your own printer (I recommend looking at steps 5 and 6): Print a test label

I am curious to see what the community has to suggest!

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
252 11 19

Hi @JTowers 

You can try this guide:

Step 1: Log in your Shopify admin.
Using your own email and password to log in your Shopify admin.

Step 2: Choose Settings > Shipping.
At the Shopify admin, you can choose Settings > Shipping.
Step 3: Change your shipping label printer settings.
Scroll down to the Shipping labels section, you can opt for Label format that is suitable for the printer] will use. Take note that some labels are printed by a typical model printer. Hence, you need to make sure that the kind of printer you choose can match perfectly.

Choose 8.5 × 11 inch paper for desktop printers if you use the desktop printers. In case you like printing two labels in a page, you can purchase the multiple shipping labels.
Choose 4 × 6 inch label for label printers if you use a label printer like Rollo, Dymo, etc.

For a detailed guide with illustrated images, please read this guide.

Was my reply helpful? Click Like or Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0
I tried the steps but I do not see the option to change the size. I’m the admin
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
573 32 90

Hi, @MarcelaMB.

Tira here, from Shopify. 

Thank you @Edward-Newgate for chiming in, your steps are spot-on! 

I would like to help. @MarcelaMB, can you take a screenshot of what you're seeing when you try to choose a size? Is this in the Shopify admin, or in your printer settings? Let us know so that the community and I can take a look! 

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 4

printsize.JPG

I'm having the same issue. Here's my screenshot. It doesn't allow me to "choose" thethermal 4x6 or 8.5x11. The only option available is print test label. I've been struggling for HOURS. I have a rollo thermal printer.

4 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

I am having this exact issue, PLEASE HELP!

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 4

I have the same issue. No way to change printer settings. My screen looks the same.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 4

I just found this info in another forum. I did it and it worked. You have to purchased the label 1st then selected the format BEFORE you print.

In order to change the shipping label size, you must first click to fulfill an order and create a label. This will take you to the next screen where you can verify all of the appropriate shipping details. Once that's done, you click to purchase your label and the following page will be the Print shipping label page. Here, to the right, you will see a box titled Print options and a blue change format link: 

11-02-b3msy-by1tg

Selecting this will bring you to a pop-up screen that will allow you to select between Letter or Thermal sized labels: 

4 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

And how do we change the format if we don't get the blue change format option?

This is what it looks like for me after I've purchased labels and before I print them or export them as PDF:

Screenshot from 2020-06-03 12-22-32.png

0 Likes