Solved

Is there any way to change the shipping label setting to the format 4x6?

JTowers
Tourist
8 0 4

Hello guys, I am currently trying to change the shipping label format to 4x6, as required by my supplier. Although I am having trouble figuring out this on my own. They print our labels for us, however they claim that we must edit the format ourselves. When I go into shipping settings > shipping label  All that I am able to click is "print test" label for both letter & thermal, or buy shipping labels at a discounted rate.  

Please and Thanks,

Jaime T.

Accepted Solution (1)
Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 223

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, everyone. 

Tira here. Thank you for reaching out. and for all of your feedback and solutions. I wanted to let you know that we have been reading your posts and I noticed a solution hasn’t been selected for this thread, so I wanted to post a summary of the solutions already provided to make it easier for anyone in the Shopify Community who comes across this thread.

If you’re looking to change the size of your shipping label before printing the label, you may want to take a look at @PPECoverall’s solution that highlights these steps.

If you want to change the size of a label after purchasing one, you will need to void and print the label again as @BODYBYAR mentioned earlier. Here is our help doc with the steps to do this: Changing and voiding Shopify Shipping labels

If after trying these steps you’re still unable to change the size of your shipping labels, please reply to this thread so that I and the Shopify Community can take a further look to help.

Cheers,

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 63 (63)
Blove87
Tourist
3 0 1

This right here! I appreciate you posting this response! Put so many things in perspective for me in general! Especially since it's been a few years already. Thank you for this. And you are right, it's all a scam. Greedy scam. 

LetoCollection
Visitor
3 0 0

Same here... did you ever get a solution to this?

Anni101
Tourist
4 0 1
they said save as a pdf and adjust in printer settings? Though obviously
that will be experimental and not too practical when you have a lot of
orders. I currently use shipping easy and will add their app to my shopify
store for now (can print 4 - 4"x6" labels per sheet with them) until I find
a workaround!

I suspect it's a deal they made with the companies make 4"x6 printers.
Anni101
Tourist
4 0 1

How can I print 4 labels per page on a desktop printer. I really want this option as the envelopes I use are small

LetoCollection
Visitor
3 0 0

Hello, I am the admin for this account however when I try to change it to the 4 x 6 label, it does not give me the option. It does not give me the option to change it... it only states that there is an option. 

MNAirsoft
Tourist
5 0 4

This was my issue as well. After contacting Shopify for nearly a week of back and forth emails, they still couldn't help or solve the issue. 

I did indeed fix it, but I have no clue how it happened. I simply clicked to purchase a label and the next menu all of a sudden gave me the blue button to change the printing format, and from then on it has defaulted to the 4x6 format. Very frustrating they cant fix it or help diagnose this error that a ton of people seem to be having when they're one of the largest small business platforms in the world.

Anni101
Tourist
4 0 1
Was this for a 4"x6 label printer or a desktop printer (which prints 4qty
4"x6" labels at a time). Wow you found a solution.
harperthelbl
Tourist
8 0 3

Hi there, I'm having this same issue. Has anyone been able to find a fix? (@Tira?)

Anni101
Tourist
4 0 1

so your solution does not apply to doing a 4-up of 4"x6 on a desktop printer?

jgrant013
Visitor
1 0 0

I have the same problem and your guide is out of date.  Some of the fields in the illustrated version simply do not exist.

I am having trouble changing shipping labels from 8.5 x 11 to 4 x 6.  Like the previous comment, I can print a test label but cannot set my preferred label size as a default.

Any ideas on how to resolve?

MDD
Explorer
64 0 89

Note:  If you are not the store owner you won't see the "Change format" link. 

I'm sorry but you are incorrect.  I just walked through the exact steps I listed below and nothing has changed.  I've attached a screenshot of where to change the shipping label size.  Remember that, aggravatingly enough, you have to first BUY the shipping label, ONLY after you buy the shipping label will you see the "Change Format" option above the "Print Shipping Label" button.  It's unbelievably obtuse that they don't put this in the Shipping settings area instead of lock it behind something you have to BUY before you can use it. 

Again, I did this less than 5 minutes ago and it worked exactly as described.

Follow this action chain: Orders > Click on order you want to ship > Click "Create shipping label" > Select shipping service > Click "Buy 1 shipping label" > After page loads look directly above the "Print shipping label" button and you should see a sentence "Change format: 8x11", click it and select 4x6. Now your labels will print correctly on your label printer (assuming you select the correct settings in the print panel).it works.jpg

MNAirsoft
Tourist
5 0 4

Im still having this issue. I click print label and it opens a new tab which has my label, but its on an 8.5x11 formatted sheet which doesnt work with a 4x6 thermal label printer. I have tried EVERYTHING you have mentioned and even contacted shopify support to no avail. I am the sole owner and only person on my account as well so permissions shouldnt have anything to do with this. I have tried voiding the label and repurchasing to see if I could switch it in the "order flow" and this option never came up. I tried going into the shipping settings and it didnt let me select the 4x6 label format. 

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!

Why is this such a big issue with shopify's system?!

Blove87
Tourist
3 0 1

Its JANUARY 2022, SHOPIFY PLEASE FIX! THANK YOU

Phenom
Shopify Partner
3 0 1

Still after 2 years from this original post @Shopify still has no fix for this. Very frustrating and complete waste of time. I love the concept, but what a minor flaw they still haven't fixed. 

Please fix this Shopify. We would like to use the print label feature. I'm using a desktop to print the labels, and can't save to a new print format. Just defaults back to the suggested print format.