Is there any way to print FedEx labels within Shopify?

Highlighted
Tourist
20 0 3

So I just moved to Shopify and paid an additional $30 to add the ability for customers to calculate FedEx and/or UPS shipping. Now I called support and find out that the $30 a month is just for customers to be able to get rates, that doesn't include the ability to print FedEx or UPS labels within Shopify. Is this true? How do people print labels other then USPS in Shopify?

And if the only soluation is another paid app (isn't it always :) then can I drop the $30 charge a month and have the app solution replace what I am paying for through Shopify and have the app calculate FedEx and UPS for customers? I am not really sure how the app works, the shopping cart I am coming from (3dcart), has all of this intergrated into their cart.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
253 1 21

Hi there Rachel!

My name is John and I'm a Guru here at Shopify!

Thanks for posting here on our merchant forums. :)

You are correct in your suspicion that it is not, in fact, possible to print FedEx labels from within the Shopify admin.

As per our guide to buying and printing shipping labels, it is only possible to do this for USPS, DHL Express, and UPS within the United States and Canada Post in Canada.

You can add your FedEx account to present their rates to your customers as you said; though you would not be able to get their labels via Shopify Shipping as of yet.

If you need to print labels in the admin you could consider instead getting an account with one of the eligible carriers or if you need to use FedEx you could look into adding (as you thought) a shipping app to handle this task.

Have a look through those apps to see what might suit, Shipping Easy looks like it will handle both FedEx integration and label printing so it might be a good one to check out?

With any apps like these, you can always reach out to the app developers for info and support using the email address and contact forms on the app store page.

Best of luck with everything here!

Regards,
John

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
52 0 1

Hi Rachel, That's a great question. Behind the scenes, what is needed to show rates to customers, is a very different step than what is need to actually generate the shipping label. That's why only the former is available for Fedex. For USPS, UPS etc, Shopify has an inbuilt label print feature.

I think you can easily solve this problem using one of the shipping apps in the appstore.

As a shameless plug, our app Ordoro can solve this problem for you. And if your volume is really low, you may fit into our free plan and you can print Fedex labels without any additional costs

http://apps.shopify.com/ordoro- Automated Dropshipping, Easy Shipping Labels (USPS, Fedex, UPS) and Powerful Inventory Management for Shopify stores
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Is there any app which can let me print about 1000 labels for FREE per month?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello Rachel,

In Shopify, it is only possible to do this for USPS, DHL Express, and UPS within the United States and Canada Post in Canada. But you can use FedEx for handling your shipping using any FedEx shipping app in the app store.

Just have a look at the apps available there and I feel that the FedEx Rates, Labels and Tracking app would fit your needs as it can handle the label printing, tracking and live FedEx rates.

Hope this helps!

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

You can now print FedEx labels using the FedEx Rates, Labels & Tracking app. 

https://apps.shopify.com/fedex-shipping 

0 Likes
Highlighted

It is $20 i suppose not $30? Anyways, with this amount you can enable live shipping rates on your Shopify account. After this, if you want to generate labels with any app, then also you need to keep this $20 payment as without this plan, your account will not have rates activated. Alternatively, you can opt for the yearly plan and hence bypass this $20. 

Regarding Shipping labels for FedEx and UPS, you can use the Multi carrier shipping label app using which you can generate labels for both UPS and FedEx using your own account.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

Am I reading this correct, that the only way to get FedEx rates to my cart is if I have the $300/month plan?!?

Happy to pay your monthly fee but moving up to $300/mo is a bit of a stretch for me, and might be the straw that breaks my shopify-store's back...

0 Likes
Highlighted

@cruzerDave,

You can add FedEx rates to the cart with an additional $20/month along with your current Shopify plan. There is no need for you to choose the $300/month plan just for the carrier-calculated rates feature. 

Also, if you go for the annual payment option for your current Shopify plan, you can get the carrier-calculated rates feature for free. 

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

Outstanding, thank you for helping! 

Sorry to be dense but I am not seeing any option under plans or upgrades to enable this $20/mo charge... how do I request/activate??

0 Likes