Is there any way to ship based on dimensions without getting the $299 Shopify plan?

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

We primarily sell in person at our brick and mortar store, but we're trying to move more into online shipping. We carry a wide variety of products and materials, and the shipping cost is often dependent on weight AND dimensions. For example, we sell some wood shelves that fit into Priority Mail flat rate boxes, but some shelves are too big to fit. The long shelves cost much more to ship, so we need that to be reflected in the shipping price paid by the customer. I spent all day yesterday exploring different apps and configuring new systems, but when it came time to apply the changes, I kept seeing that we need to upgrade our Shopify plan. We're still a small growing business, so jumping from $79/month to $299/month for this one feature is a bit tricky. Is there any workaround for this? Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
135 14 19

Hey, @Jessica_Schluet!

My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify. I'd be happy to help you with this!

On your admin, you'll only be able to get the feature for Carrier Calculated Shipping (CCS) by upgrading to the Advanced Plan.

That said though, you can add it "a la carte" to your current plan without upgrading! The CCS feature is $20/month, I can add it to your plan manually at any time after we securely authenticate the Account Owner. By adding the feature, it'll also change your plan to a custom plan, which means that if there are any changes to the plan offerings for the Shopify mid-tier plan you won't have those changes apply to your custom plan. The cool thing though is that if prices ever change you'll keep the current price of the custom plan you have.

CCS is a great feature, I've used it on several stores myself and added it on to the Basic and Shopify level plans before. It works perfectly with apps like Advanced Shipping Rules, Boxify, Better Shippingand many others.

If you'd like to add that feature to your current plan, let me know and I'll send over a secure email for authentication!

There's an alternative shipping strategy you can use. There's a feature called Shipping Profiles built into your admin Settings > Shipping section. Although it won't be able to take into consideration the dimensions of the products, it can be used to assign different shipping prices and settings based on weight, price, products, locations or other rules.

I do however recommend adding the CCS feature to make things a lot easier.

Let me know how you do with the information above! I'm happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes