Issue with Afterpay purchase.

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

A customer attempted to purchase an item using Afterpay this morning. When redirecting to Afterpay, the following error message came up "Your payment can't be processed for technical reasons. Please try again or use a different payment method". This was on the Shopify payment page. It did not redirect to Afterpay.

I contacted Afterpay and they advised that Shopify had a problem, but it "seems to be resolved" and it should work now. I tried a test purchase and have the same error.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Regareds,

Nadia

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0
Did you ever figure it out I’m having the same issue
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1
Hi there.
Afterpay support resent me my merchant ID and secret key and once I had
pasted the secret key in, it worked. I have no idea what created the problem
as I had not made any setting changes. Also check that you are not in test
mode. I hope this helps.
Nadia
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello, sorry to brings this post back from the dead. 

I am having the same issue. I have put in my secret key but still have the same issue. I used the secret key that was supplied for working with my point of sale set up. Do you know if the secret key has to be different for shopify? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2
Hi Rachelmcgovern!

Did you get a solution for this?! I’m having the same issue... 😳
Highlighted
1 0 1

Sorry guys I’m having the same issue how was this resolved 

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

It ended up being an issue with afterpay settings for me. I think it had something to do with when we first signed up, and said we had bricks and mortar only, so they needed to adjust our settings to approve online purchases. Contact afterpay and explain what you’re trying to do. Hope that helps!