Issue with Shipping Estimator in Firefox & IE

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello everyone,

I'm having a needle in the haystack issue with this one. The shipping estimator works fine in Google Chrome however it fails in Firefox & IE 11. All I'm getting from Firefox is:

TypeError: data is undefined

You can replicate this error by:

1. Going to www.farmorganica.com adding an item to the cart.
  2. Click view cart
  3. Go to the Estimate Shipping Cost section and enter valid data
  4. Click Calculate (page refreshes and no shipping estimates are shown)

If you follow the same procedure in Chrome everything works as expected (estimates are shown and the page doesn't refresh).

I've spent so much time on this and I'm sure the answer is obvious. Any help is greatly appreciated :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
423 0 89

Hi, Adrian!

My name is Jade, I am with the Social Care Team at Shopify.

I took a look at the troubleshooting steps in our help document Adding a shipping rates calculator and towards the bottom, it recommends changing the HTML of your currency settings. Here are the steps to follow:

1) In your Shopify admin click Settings > General

2) Where it says Store Currency click Change Format

4) If your currency settings look like Image A, you'll want to copy the text and paste it into a Notepad or Word document for safe keeping. Next, change the text so that they look like Image B. If your currency is in USD or something else, you'll see that abbreviation listed instead of CAD (Canadian dollar).

Image A

Image B

5) Click Save when you're done.

This should help to fix your shipping rates calculator settings. If you have any issues, you have the original text saved on that Word document that you can paste back in. If you're still seeing this issue our Support Team is available 24/7 to help. I'll be away on vacation days soon so I may not see if you reply back to this forum post in time. You can also reach the Social Care Team directly on the Shopify Facebook Page and a representative will be happy to help. You'll want to send a link to this forum post so they can see our conversation.

Best wishes with your business!

Jade | Social Care

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Jade,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately that didn't do the trick. I will contact the Support Team. Have a great vacation and thanks again.

Adrian

0 Likes