Issue with Shopify Payments and my product

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello,

I have just started with my new store on Shopify a couple weeks ago. I sell wireless earphones (similar to Apple Airpods but is NOT Airpods). 

Yesterday I recieved an email from Shopify Payments Risk Team telling me that I won’t be able to use Shopify Payments for this store because the product has copyright from other brand.

The problem is that I do not sell any product with copyright, there are just similar with Airpods. I have proof from my supplier that it is not Airpods and I have permission to sell the product on my store.

If I send the proof am I going to be able to keep working with Shopify Payments?

Thank you, regards

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
641 41 93

Hello @Jaume

Ren here from the Shopify support team, hoping to help shed some light here. 

The best thing to do in this scenario is to respond to the email from the Shopify Payments team and offer any and all proof you have that you are selling a legitimate brand and have permission to do so. If you review the Shopify Payments Terms of Service B-5, you can see a list of prohibited businesses and products, specifically the line about counterfeit or unauthorized goods. Counterfeit goods; unauthorized sale or resale of a brand name or designer products or services; sale of goods or services that are illegally imported or exported. 

That being said, if you aren't able to continue using Shopify Payments, you still have other payment gateway options available to you such as Authorize.net (dependant on your location).

Whereabouts are you selling from/is your business located? I can certainly help narrow down the list for you.

Looking forward to your thoughts. 

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Hi Ren,

Thank you for your response. I have just responded to the email and I hope
I receive a quick response.

My business is located in Spain, could you please help me with this?

Regards,
0 Likes