Issue with UPS account, can't print labels

Jennifer_McMill
Excursionist
41 0 14

Yesterday our program stopped allowing us to process orders with UPS. We get the error message There is an issue with this UPS account. Please contact shipping-ups@shopify.com for assistance.. I get no help from shopify chat, and no reponse from shopify shipping email. I'm at a complete standtill. Can anyone help with this? I've contacted ups about my shopify ups account number and our business number and both have a $0 account balance so I don't know what would be causing it to have an issue!!

Replies 17 (17)

lauriekort
5 0 0

omg - this could be me!  

I am having the EXACT same issue - we are 130 orders behind!!!  
Three times on chat and even called UPS just to cover my bases!!!  

Any luck?

Jennifer_McMill
Excursionist
41 0 14

No! Chat is no help...they say you have to talk to someone in shipping who are off on the weekends.  I tried UPS and although I found out that we have a $0 balance owed, the people who deal with our account through shopify coincidentally also don't work on the weekends. This is so frustrating. We are getting behind and if I try to print the labels from UPS worldship or ups.com, even using that account number it's too expensive b/c I've been using shopify shipping so long I think I've lost my discounted rate.

lauriekort
5 0 0

omg I know - I totally feel your frustration.  We are now just shy of 200 orders behind 😞  I am sorry for both of us.  And now a venting moment, since you get what is happening 🙂
I just printed 97 labels through USPS, and loaded our entire cargo van to take them to the post office tomorrow, and not five minutes later, I received an email from a customer who placed her order November 19, and coincidentally, since hers was a PO Box I HAD to send hers USPS...and she HAS NOT received it!!!  It's been a month!  So now, I am terrified of sending these 97 (even though I paid for priority labels that are supposed to be there in 1 - 3 business days).  This woman's package sat in Detroit for two weeks!!!!  I can see it in the tracking...  So...now I have lost all the time spent printing stupid USPS labels, and boxing and labeling,  and I have to pull them all back inside and void ALL of those labels.  And if Shopify does not fix this tomorrow and it takes the 24- 48 business hours they claim, I will have to load them all back in the van and take them up to UPS distribution center and type all the labels in!

And, I am very frustrated that Shopify was never transparent about their shipping tech department not working on the weekends.  They just kept saying they would expedite it and would not indicate ANY time frame to depend on them having it fixed.  TOTAL BS  - 

So, thanks for listening - lolol  Please keep me posted on your progress.  My cell is 248-767-2342 if you want to text instead.  Thank you - your new friend, Laurie

Jennifer_McMill
Excursionist
41 0 14

Yesssss we are in the same boat! That has been my hesitation with changing to usps. We’ve had similar problems shipping postal service they just aren’t reliable. And a lot of what we are shipping out are gift boxes and gift baskets, too big for usps or too fragile. I don’t know what we are going to do unless we just use our old way. I have a separate UPS account, we used the UPS Worldship App before using Shopify. Since I’ve been using Shopify shipping and not using my business ups number my negotiated rate isn’t as good bc I haven’t been using that account. I’m so mad!!!!! 

Jennifer_McMill
Excursionist
41 0 14

Ok, you're not going to like this. I talked to UPS this morning and they said that my shopify UPS account had been closed. They said it was a system generated closure, showing the account as inactive...even though we've been shipping hundreds of packages each week. They said it's a common problem with shopify.  AND it takes 1-2 days to get it back active. I don't understand why its not just a flip of a switch but now it's going to be at least tomorrow before we can go back to using it.  I'm mad enough about this and shopify's slowness in helping, and my having to go around them to figure this out that we will probably be looking for somewhere else to host our website. 

lauriekort
5 0 0
oh no - really???
so ups did it?

Jennifer_McMill
Excursionist
41 0 14

UPS closed the account but says that the request to close came from Shopify’s system. 

lauriekort
5 0 0

Hi - what are you doing to rectify this on your end....driving them in and manually inputting them?  

has shopify offered you anything in terms of refunds of courtesy pro rated credits?  

jasonhoblin
Visitor
1 0 0

same issue here. account was working fine, no changes. suddenly cannot buy/print UPS labels.

Please advise!!

Jennifer_McMill
Excursionist
41 0 14
This is what i did, look at some of your tracking numbers and the 6 digits after 1Z are your account number. Call ups and I’ll have to see if I still have the number but you have to talk to the department that handles accounts. I told them what was going on and they said Shopify closed my account for inactivity which is ridiculous. I think it might be a glitch. It took either a day or day and half for them to get it turned back on. As far as I know Shopify did nothing to help. I still haven’t received a reply from the help ticket that was created last Friday. Try going through UPS and see if they can help you!
lauriekort
5 0 0

Thank you - mine isn't fixed yet and the manual entries and amount of money that I am paying over what the customer paid is killing us.

Appreciate your feedback - on this first thing Monday!

Thank you and happy new year - Laurie

palmsfashion
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

We just resolved this issue by looking at our previous UPS tracking number to gleam into our account number in question (with Shopify)

See the six alpha/digit number in the tracking number (see below) and call UPS and resolve any outstanding balance and viola! 

1Z[XXXXXX]0300092519

Hope this helps!

Show more

•  
Minton224
Tourist
5 0 6

For anyone reading this thread and wants to avoid the nightmare Shopify caused me - if you get this error:

There is a problem with your UPS account, please contact shipping-ups@shopify

All you do is find an old label and the first 6 (six) digits after the 1Z is your account number - 1Zxxxxxx09873 - call UPS and give them your account number and they will most likely tell you there is a small outstanding balance (mine was $30) - you pay them with a credit card and they turn it back on immediately! Shopify couldn't figure this out at all - 5 days of responses telling me to wait................grrrrr...... I hope this can help someone not have to deal with what I did!

sigrid1
Tourist
6 1 0

Has printing UPS labels been resolved?  If so, what do we need to do to print UPS labels.   We get the message "  A systems error has occurred"  "There was a problem with buying a shipping label."  these are US domestic labels. 

We don't have any issues printing UPS labels when we go directly to UPS.   Would appreciate any comments to resolve this issue as we are paying a higher rate with our UPS account.  Thank you. 

Minton224
Tourist
5 0 6
You have to contact UPS and give them the shopify account number - which is in the tracking number (Google how) - you probably owe them something. I owed $20 somehow. I paid it and it got fixed right away. 
sigrid1
Tourist
6 1 0

Thank you.  I will call and find out what UPS may need to do to make this work.  We are not aware that we owe UPS anything as they have our credit card on file for charges.  We ship larger international shipments with UPS which they charge directly to our UPS account/credit card.   Thank you...   

sigrid1
Tourist
6 1 0

No, issue has not yet been resolved.  We have updated everything and followed the instructions.  As of today we are still not able to print UPS labels on Shopify.  Still getting the msg. " There was a problem buying shipping labels", and "  A system error has occurred and is being investigated".  We have to print UPS labels on UPS which costs us more and is more time consuming.  We were hoping all the updates would resolve this issue.