Issue with checkout and payment.

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

Hello!

We have a pretty serious problem. We started our store a couple weeks ago and it looks like people can not buy our products.

The give us all the information, such as, phone, adress, email, etc. Can some help me with this issue please.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
436 31 61

@EgorArutyunyan wrote:

Hello!

We have a pretty serious problem. We started our store a couple weeks ago and it looks like people can not buy our products.

The give us all the information, such as, phone, adress, email, etc. Can some help me with this issue please.

Thanks

Hello, @EgorArutyunyan!

Sophia here from Shopify. I'm happy to investigate the issue with you to ensure that your customers are able to proceed through the checkout process.

Can you tell me a bit more about what's happening? If there are any error messages coming up at checkout or any issues that customers have flagged with you, please let me know. Are there specific countries or regions your store ships to, or should customers anywhere in the world be able to checkout? Feel free to share your store link here so myself and others in the Community can take a look.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

Hi @Sophia 

basically we already got 12 abandoned checkouts, only one costumers card was not accepted. And most of our costumers come from Spain. The strangest thing to me is that they give all their personal information and just leave the store. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
436 31 61

@EgorArutyunyan wrote:

Hi @Sophia 

basically we already got 12 abandoned checkouts, only one costumers card was not accepted. And most of our costumers come from Spain. The strangest thing to me is that they give all their personal information and just leave the store. 

Thanks for sharing those details, @EgorArutyunyan.

Which payment gateway(s) are enabled on your store? Have you tested payments to ensure everything's functioning as expected? If you'd like to run through some tests now, you can check out these guides for placing test orders:

Let me know if you detect any issues with the payment options at checkout. For more information on why a customer's payment method may have been denied, you can view payment events from abandoned checkouts in the admin.

Customer's won't see any applicable taxes or shipping costs before entering their details at checkout, so it's understandable that they would abandon their cart if they weren't ready to make a purchase or weren't happy with the total cost. While we can't tell exactly why a customer decided to leave the checkout, some abandoned checkouts can be recovered with the automatic emails sent out to customers. I'd also recommend posting your store link in the Feedback On My Store section of the Community. Shopify Staff, Partners, Experts, and other merchants can offer you advice on the customer experience there.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

Hello @Sophia 

All the payment methods are enabled, such as, paypal, google pay, mastercard, visa... And we did a test which went great.

about the feedback... We already did it and we sincerely added a lot of things, such as reviews, live chat, discount codes, log in section and we redesigned the store.

Thank you very much for the links! I am going to try them

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
436 31 61

@EgorArutyunyan wrote:

Hello @Sophia 

All the payment methods are enabled, such as, paypal, google pay, mastercard, visa... And we did a test which went great.

about the feedback... We already did it and we sincerely added a lot of things, such as reviews, live chat, discount codes, log in section and we redesigned the store.

Thank you very much for the links! I am going to try them

It's great to hear that you received some helpful feedback and have already implemented changes for a smoother customer experience. I know that many customers appreciate having access to a chat feature on the store, and reviews can definitely help build trust and encourage purchases.

You can also test the PayPal gateway if you haven't already. If there are no error messages coming up under Orders > Abandoned checkouts other than the one failed payment report you mentioned earlier, I wouldn't worry too much about the abandoned checkouts for now. Keep an eye on them over the next couple weeks for any patterns, and we can definitely take a closer look if you notice any errors with the payment methods during testing.

0 Likes