How to solve ID verification issues affecting payouts?

pookys
Visitor
2 0 0

We have been operating since April, then a couple of months ago were asked to submit extra ID, which we did but now we have stopped receiving payouts. There are 3 parts to the message:

1. Submit a document to verify your account information

The documents you submit must match the account information. For example, if you are verifying the identity of an individual with a photo ID, the information on the photo ID needs to be the same as the account information about that individual.

2. The name on the photo ID doesn’t match the name of the account owner.

3. Upload a copy of a utilities bill that clearly shows the individual's address. Please make sure the document is a utilities bill and not the document you submitted for identity verification.
The proble is that none of our utility bills have directors' names on them, just the LTD company and trading name - except for phone/broadband which has the other director's name. I have requested my name be put onto a bill multiple times but I keepo hitting a brick wall with this. is there any other way that we can ensure we continue to accept customer payments and also receive them?

Replies 3 (3)

Hank
Shopify Staff
1102 128 187

Hi, @pookys,

Hank here from Shopify.

Although your store has been operating since April, the banking partners that support Shopify payments may have requested new information to verify your account.

Do you have an open ticket with the accounts team that I can query with them for you? Or is the messages you are seeing, only within the admin?

Are you able to submit any documents, or are you seeing the error instantly when submitting? Also, are you the account owner of the store, or is it only your director that has access to changing the banking information?

If you have any screenshots of the issue, this would also assist on my end, but let me know any additional questions you have.

All the best,

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

pookys
Visitor
2 0 0
Hi Hank

Thanks for getting back to me.

No I don't have an open ticket - all messages are just within the admin

I am able to submit documents When I click through to do this there are
various messages - see screengrab below

I am the account owner and director of the company. As I see there are 2
issues

i) The name of the photo ID doesn't match. However I don't
know what the photo ID is to be able to see what it should be. I would have
though it would be my name Anna Mawhinney but it's not. And I've tried it
with my middle name included but that just gives the same error.

ii) I don't have a utilities bill with my name on it, only
the name of the company which is Salt and Smoke Ltd. I have asked our
electricity company to put my name on the next bill they produce but it's
not due for another week and there's no guarantee that they will have done
as asked!

Cheers

Anna

Hank
Shopify Staff
1102 128 187

Thank you for that, Anna!

What I'd like to do is take a closer look at this, and then I can query with the accounts team for you.

As this is account specific, I will just need to verify your account. I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forum's account and confirm some security questions about your store.  If you could attach the relevant information and screenshots, that would assist me greatly.

Once you reply to that email, I will look into this further for you.

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog