Item Delivered Notification for local delivery

Highlighted
Excursionist
29 0 7

I have searched and as of 2019 I do not think this is possible, but please let me know.

I am making local deliveries and right now I text customers when the order has been dropped off and just move the order status to "fulfilled."

Ideally: I would love to automate the process below.

Sunday Morning: I move all orders to "delivery in progress" - triggers email to customers

First stop: I make a delivery, go on shopify app and move order to "delivered" - customer receives email/text

repeat for all orders

I would settle for:

Sunday Morning: I move all orders to "delivery in progress" - triggers email to customers

(I would continue to text customers after each order has been delivered as I do now)

Sunday evening: I move all orders that have been delivered to "delivery completed" triggers email to customers

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
29 0 7

Some conclusions I have come up with thus far.

• The above features are not built into shopify at all. There was a thread with this request where someone from shopify said they added it to the future update proposal list - this was back in 2017.
  • There does not seem to be an application for either of the above scenarios I wish to solve.

Maybe I am missing something here ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Navigator
252 10 33

Hi @jester2893 

I do not know how to solve your problem but I found this useful shipping instruction for Shopify stores on the Avada website.

I hope you could find a suitable solution to your problem!

Best regard!

Avada is an e-commerce solution provider based in the heart of Vietnam where the best developers unite. Founded in 2017 by Mageplaza, Avada is responsible to complete the mission to help 1 million online businesses grow revenues.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 1 4
I’m shocked that shopify has not supported this yet. @shopify - this has been ongoingly requested For 3 years now. Please listen to your community and find a way for your store owners to mark an order that they physically delivered as “delivered”
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
13 0 31

Yes,  I have been trying to do this for months nut cannot find a way to do it efficiently.  We do a couple hundred local deliveries a week and need to be able to notify customers of delivery.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
29 0 7

@Jacob_Becher wrote:

Yes,  I have been trying to do this for months nut cannot find a way to do it efficiently.  We do a couple hundred local deliveries a week and need to be able to notify customers of delivery.

I started to use this: https://apps.shopify.com/ultimate-order-status?utm_campaign=installed&utm_content=contextual&utm_med...

Yes it is paid, but until Shopify decides to include this standard feature it is all I have been able to make work.

I have three status, that I can move the order to now and they get an email notification if selected based on a custom template. (Delivery Window > Out for Delivery > Delivered). They can't check the order status through the built in order page, but I put a piece of code provided by the vendor so if they have the order number/email they can at least check it that way, otherwise they just need to keep up with their emails.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 5

Has this been figured out? We keep delivering and manually sending text and emails to notify our customers that there product has been delivered.

@Jacob_Becher wrote:

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
13 0 31
We are now using Detrack.com for delivery notification and it is excellent. I believe there is a zapier integration with Shopify, but we are just uploading our deliveries for the day as a spreadsheet, and it has been amazing.
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 5

@Jacob_Becher wrote:
We are now using Detrack.com for delivery notification and it is excellent. I believe there is a zapier integration with Shopify, but we are just uploading our deliveries for the day as a spreadsheet, and it has been amazing.

Thanks. I don't mind paying for an app...but we're in Canada getting hosed on the exchange with Shopify already. They're starting to irritate me with all of the paid app additions, and flaws in their initial software that they refuse to fix. 

One other question...how do I create a custom message on the delivery page so my customers can choose to add to their cart so they receive free shipping?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
29 0 7

@Jacob_Becher wrote:

Interesting app, I’m going to look into it! Wondering though, how do you notify customers of a delivery, it doesn’t look like the app Detrack handles this?

0 Likes