Klarna & HTTP Basic Auth

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi, 

When asking Klarna about integrating payments to the store, I was told that it would be simply generating an API UN & PW and good to go. 

We have been recieving:

'Klarna Production Access
Your Klarna credentials are not currently working (Klarna response data: status: 401, error_code: "AUTHORIZATION_REQUIRED")'

We enquired with Klarna and they said we aren't using HTTP Basic Auth correctly... this is beyond my skill set, will I need to get a developer involved?

Thanks,

Chloe

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0
I contacted Klarna tech support recently for this exact reason, as while the API etc was valid, the payment option didn't show. Contact Klarna support through your Klarna account with your account ID and ask them to fix the issue for you. Shopify won't be able to help because its a third party app. Klarna have been helpful and responsive but I don't think my issue is fixed yet. Good luck!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
26 3 6

There can be a time delay from when Klarna API credentials are created before they are usable live.  If the 401/AUTHORIZATION_REQUIRED issue still happens after about an hour, certainly please contact Klarna Merchant Support (regional specifics available from klarna.com), to review the exact cause of the error for your specific merchant id.   If the time delay is not the issue, double check the password to exactly copy and paste it (as extra whitespace and difference of upper vs. lower case can cause this issue).  Hopefully the issue is now resolved, but if not, Klarna Merchant Support is available to help.

0 Likes