0 Likes
Dani
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
221 43 93

Hi @Mauro06 ,

Dani here from Shopify!

First of all, welcome to Shopify!

Are you planning to print your shipping labels directly in the admin using Shopify Shipping? If so, we actually have a list of recommended printers found here! We do have a Brother one, but it is the QL-111ONWB. I personally use the Dymo LabelWriter 4XL one for my own store and have found it to works really well for me.

How is your store coming along so far? Have you launched your online store yet?

Let us know if you have any further questions!

All the best,

Dani

Dani | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Mauro06
2 0 0
Hi Dani
Thank you for warm welcome
Shipping labels directly from the admin assistant is the easiest way, isn't it? Those are the only printers compatible with the system?

I haven't launched yet but thank you for asking
0 Likes
Dani
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
221 43 93

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @Mauro06 !

Printing the labels directly in your admin is probably the easiest. And, since Shopify represents a large number of merchants we're able to negotiate discounted rates on your behalf! So you can take advantage of these discounts when you purchase through the admin. 

I took a look at the two printers that you had been looking at, and the reason these ones would not work is because they support labels up to 2.4" wide. The shipping labels provided by our carriers are set to be 4"x6" so these labels would be too big for the printers that you were looking at. 

Let me know if you have any further questions, I'm happy to help!

Dani

Dani | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

hammibamazen
2 0 0

My old laminator model started to work badly with files. I work in the office with documents, so this is my main equipment. I learned about these models through a useful website on the office equipment link. I look forward to your opinions and reviews, it will help me find the best model! Thank you in advance!

0 Likes
TheBarrons40
1 0 0

Is there any label printer that allows the packing slip to print in a readable format? I have the ArkScan and it prints the shipping labels perfectly, however the packing slips are sized at 8.5x11 and I cannot seem to change the format for the life of me. I now have to use SmartShyp just to print a decent packing slip. Why does Shopify not allow the a 4x6 format? It's so frustrating having to go to another platform to print a packing slip! Any suggestions?

0 Likes
stallionlush
1 0 0

hi, im having trouble using the dymo labelwriter 4XL printer ,the printer is working well but when i try to print out my labels from shopify it do not work i maid sure i had the right page size which is 4x6 but  everytime i try to print it comes out smaller than the 4x6 size and it actually do not  print right on the label paper .....i thought it was because my laptop was on portrait and not landscape but still the same thing ,so i believe it has something to do with the shopify website ...i believe its the layout of the label and not the printer because the printer seems to be working fine ......i think i need shopify to send me a label format and not on the regular page  which im also having trouble contacting support ,like a live rep ,ive been trying to figure this out for 4 whole days and still no help, not sure what i have to do to be able to start my business, someone purchased an order and i cant even print out the label so im worried  ...please helppp me someone .

0 Likes
JoniC
1 0 0

We bought the brother label printer and can't get it to print the long way on the 4 x 6 label.  It prints on half of it and is sideways.  How do we fix it in Shopify or on the printer?  Thanks!

0 Likes