Launching shop only in selected country

Highlighted
7 0 0

Hi, I want to launch the shop only in one country at the moment, and anyone else coming to shop I would probably redirect to simplified "Coming Soon" version with only logo, short message telling we will be soon launching global shop and newsletter section telling "Sign up to stay up to date".

I need to be able to:

- customise "Coming Soon" page as I desire. I am using page editor app so I can easily make it myself, just need to redirect users there. 

- prevent users from other countries to access the full version of the shop (ofc I understand they can use VPNs but that's OK, most people don't). 

- newsletter on "Coming Soon" obviously needs to be different than the one I will be using on my regular shop. 

What would be the best solution to do this? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3392 252 610

Hi @stecuu,

Nick here from Shopify. 

I did some digging on this for you and am wondering if a GeoLocation app could work for you here. The general idea/ feature of a GeoLocation app is to automatically detect the country of your visitors and can take them to the location you have specified for them. Whether that is a specific product, page, store or website. 

There are a few different apps in the Shopify app store to choose from. Let's take a look at some of them below:

Hope this helps!

All the best, Nick 

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
55 2 7

Another app that's simpler and cheaper than the above options is Country and Currency Redirect

0 Likes