Limiting sales to U.S. only

Drake_White
Tourist
6 0 1

More specifically, my client wants to limit sales and shipping to the 48 contiguous states only. Is there a solution for this?

Thanks in advance. 

Drake White  

www.shopcitrus.com

0 Likes
Jamie
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
5711 0 152

Hi Drake!

You just need to remove shipping rates for states that you do not wish to sell to:

http://docs.shopify.com/manual/settings/shipping/modify-shipping#suspend-region

http://shopifyplus.com ::: http://twitter.com/bacchus
0 Likes
Drake_White
Tourist
6 0 1

Thank you Jamie - you made this morning a little more fun. : )

Swarm_Devin
4 0 0

I did delete all rates but sales are still processing for overseas orders.

0 Likes
Don
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1212 71 154

Hi there @Swarm_Devin!

Don here from Shopify.

If you are still seeing overseas orders being made in your store then it is likely the case that you have not fully removed any rates set up for non-domestic shipping in the settings > shipping and delivery menu in your admin.

To be sure that it is only possible to check out using a domestic address in your store, you can go ahead and delete any other shipping zones you may have set up there.

You can do this by heading to the settings > shipping and delivery menu, where you will be able to see the shipping zones you have set up there.

If you click on the options next to any zone you don't wish to ship to, you can simply delete that zone fully to remove it as an option:

_20-10-916an-svffc

If you go ahead and remove any other rates and zones available leaving only the domestic zone, then this should be the only option available to your customers at checkout.

See if you can put this in place and let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Swarm_Devin
4 0 0
Hi Don, Thanks for the response. I have one rate in the shipping settings. That is why it is so confusing.
0 Likes
Don
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1212 71 154

Hi again @Swarm_Devin!

Don from Shopify once more.

Did you manage to remove any shipping zones you don't wish to ship to from your settings > shipping and delivery menu as outlined above?

If you only intend to ship domestically, you can go ahead and remove any other shipping zones you don't wish to serve so your customers won't have that option at the checkout.

You can see how to do this in the screenshot I shared in my earlier response here, so just head to settings > shipping and delivery and delete any zones you see there that are not the domestic zone you wish to serve.

Let me know if you're having a hard time finding that or putting it in place, and I can show you in further detail.

All the best!

Regards,

Don

0 Likes
Swarm_Devin
4 0 0
Still getting international orders

0 Likes
MsMack
1 0 0

Hi I was having a similar problem.  Thought I had removed all shipping zones other than US but took a closer look and found there were some I had missed.  For me they where in the printful app. See pic.  When I clicked show all I saw all the profiles. Once ALL the international zones from ALL profiles were removed, international shipping became unavailable.  Hope this helps.

shipping profiles.JPG 

0 Likes
Don
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1212 71 154

Hi again @Swarm_Devin!

Don from Shopify once more.

Did you manage to remove any non-domestic shipping zones from your shipping and delivery menu as had been outlined here?

To do this, first head to the settings > shipping and delivery menu, and then proceed to click on 'manage rates' beside your shipping profile so we can work on that.

Then, when you are able to see your rates and zones in the next menu, you can click to delete any zone you don't wish to ship to:

_20-10-rdezy-x2sfp

That said, if you have removed any rates from your non-domestic zones it should not be possible for customers to complete checkout outside of your domestic zone.

Could you share a link to your storefront with us here, so I can test this out from my location?

Regards,

Don

0 Likes