Linking shipping rates with number of items

Highlighted
16 0 0

Hi people,

I have set up a shipping rate of 5 USD.

The rates does not increase when two or more items are to be purchased

How can I link the shipping fees to the quantity?

Regards

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
735 39 124

Hi, @Akhayyat

Tira here, from Shopify Support. 

Good question. Are you looking to charge $5 USD per product added to the cart?

If so, you can set-up a Shipping Profile on your store. Shipping Profiles allow you to set conditions on your shipping products so that you can charge shipping per product. 

For this set-up, you can use Combined Rates with Shipping Profiles to add together the rates so that they reflect at checkout as the total shipping rate. Check out our help doc with examples of combining rates for products in different profiles, within a single shipping profile, and when only one location can fulfill the order: Combined rates at checkout

Let me know if that helps!

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
16 0 0

Hi Tira

Thanks for your feedback

I am setting up a store with a single product, and have two shipping methods, (1) free shipping to all the countries, and no issue here. (2) express shipping only to USA at a cost of 5 USD per piece. Now when someone from USA who is interested in express shipping adds two pieces of that single product, the shipping rates stays at 5 USD, while it is supposed to go 10 USD.

So my question is, in this case, how to link the number of pieces ordered to the shipping rates when 5 USD express shipping is concerned.

Regards

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
69 3 16

Hey @Akhayyat,

What you'll want to do here is the following:

1. Head to Settings > Shipping > Manage Rates
  2. Create a flat Free shipping rate 
  3. Create a tier-based rate. Click Add Rate > Add Conditions > Enter the weight of 1 product > Enter $5
  4. For your next tier, repeat step 3 but with the weight of 2 products > Enter $10 for the cost
  5. Repeat step 3 for however many items a customer may order, making sure to double the number in each column for each tier 

I attached a screenshot to give you an idea of what it should look like :) Shipping Weight.jpg

Warm regards,

Sharon 

Co-Founder / CEO @ Intuitive Shipping Inc.
Intuitive Shipping | Smart Boxing | Automate Shipping Profiles

1 Like
Highlighted
16 0 0

It works Sharon, thanks !!

0 Likes