Local Pick Up Only For Selected Products

CarlosNZ
Excursionist
18 0 11

It is ridiculous that shopify does not have an easy way to offer a pick only option for selected products. This is really basic.

Claire222
Shopify Partner
68 2 5

Hi @CarlosNZ , @bertie-boy , @RichieAraish , @kerrytx , 

You can selectively choose which products you want for local pickup very easily without an external app, you can do so directly in Shopify.

1. In Shopify, go to Settings > locations > Add location, call it Pickup only
  2. Go to Settings > Shipping and delivery > Local pickup and enable pickup for the Pickup only only
  3. Go to Settings > Shipping and delivery > Create new profile,
    1. name it Products for pickup only
    2. click Add products and select specific products or even specific variants
    3. click Show details under Shipping from, click manage, and remove all rates except for the Pickup only location
    4. Don't create a Shipping zone
    5. click Save
  4. Stock products and variants in the Pickup only location, you can do so via bulk edit

Now when a customer checks out using these products, they'll see pickup location as an option. There are some caveats:

• Don't forget to stock inventory at these locations; Yes, you'll need to manage inventory (allocate amounts between your shipping & Pickup only locations)
  • If you have shipping enabled in any shipping profile, the shipping option will show up at checkout even if everything in the cart is pickup only. However, when customer tries to checkout via shipping, they'll get an error saying they can't (we inquired multiple times with Shopify and there's no workaround)

If you need to customize pickup times, want more contactless pickup using SafeMatch Verification, or add non-Shopify pickup locations, feel free to take a look at the Curbside Pickup Guru app. It's a Shopify Staff Pick and BFCM Must Have App. The app doesn't force you to change theme code or create new shipping profiles. It's 100% compatible with all themes and existing shipping setup.

Hope this help!

JeffLTOMKT
1 0 0

Soooo ridiculous.

0 Likes
rachaelnewbern
3 0 0

Hey! @Claire222 Followed this to the T but I still get the

"Your cart has been updated and the items you added can’t be shipped to your address. Remove the items to complete your order."

error at checkout. What am I missing?

0 Likes
Claire222
Shopify Partner
68 2 5

Hi @rachaelnewbern , usually this error message occurs when the item isn't stocked at the location. If you are using shipping profiles, you'll also need to make sure the product is in the shipping profile.

0 Likes
FitMealsHtx
1 0 0

This has to be the longest and most insane process, ever. I need to offer pickup and delivery without shipping rates. This doesn't seem to be an option. As soon as shipping is turned off, it seems the option for address is removed. There has to be an easier way for this. It was nice before when there was someone to talk to and then within 24 hours, that was gone.

0 Likes
rachaelnewbern
3 0 0

Hi @Claire222  - I've done both of those. Literally followed your directions exactly, checked and double checked my setups and I still get the error. Are you able to set it up this way and successfully offer local pickup only for certain products?

0 Likes
Claire222
Shopify Partner
68 2 5

Yes @rachaelnewbern , we do this all the time. Perhaps this checklist might help?

A9472C8D-6168-4F3F-B324-6756DE6A0D28.jpeg

0 Likes
mfrisko
2 0 0

This worked for me. Thank you!!

0 Likes
Claire222
Shopify Partner
68 2 5

Glad to hear it, @mfrisko !

0 Likes