Local Pickup - Marking individual item as 'Ready for pickup' and 'Mark as picked up'

q_alsagoff
3 0 0

Hi,

We've implemented Local Pickup as we like the additional tab and had issues with manually having the local pickup as a shipping method (it's always listed on the bottom and customers miss that out).

The issue that we're facing now is we need to be able to set individual items as 'Ready for pickup' and 'Mark as picked up'. The use case is for orders mixed with pre-orders and non pre-orders, we are not able to use the Ready for pickup button as this will mark all items in the order.

I managed to use JSON (POST fulfilments.json) to mark individual line items as fulfilled but the customer is notified that the item has been shipped. We're now stuck with manually managing and informing customers, which is not ideal.

Is this a limitation with the API? Doesn't seem to have any API for Ready for pickup. Saw a post from staff saying that it is a new functionality that was rushed out (possibly COVID?) but that was a few months ago.

Anyone facing this or has a solution? Thanks in advanced. I'm up to discuss as well. 

Q

0 Likes
achieveapplabs
Shopify Partner
470 36 74

Hi @q_alsagoff ,

Have you tried setting notify_customer: false in your payload when you make a POST to fulfillments.json? 

"notify_customer": false

Best Regards,

Achieve Team

Install Approovly to create and track order approvals | We want to hear from you hello@achieveapplabs.com | Follow us on Twitter @achieveapplabs | Custom Shopify Apps achieveapplabs.com
0 Likes
q_alsagoff
3 0 0

Hi @achieveapplabs thanks for the response

Ideally I would like to have a streamlined behaviour. So marking individual items as 'Ready for pickup' would trigger the 'Ready for pickup' email notification, similar to marking individual items as fulfilled. 

There are 2 behaviours that occur when set as 'Ready for pickup' in the Admin UI:

1. Customer notified with 'Ready for pickup' email notification
  2. When the Customer views the Order Page, they're shown 'Your order is ready for pickup'

Using the workaround of fulfillments.json to fulfil individual line items

1. Customer notified with 'Ready for pickup' email notification
    1. The Shipping Notification can be resolved with your suggestion of notify_customer: false
    2. The custom Ready for Pickup notification may require a third party email provider and an auto-tagging program to tag appropriately
  2. When the Customer views the Order Page, they're shown 'Your order has been picked up' and 'Preparing for shipment'

So I guess, it's either we find the correct API to use or we use the workaround of fulfilling individual line items via API (which is also a pain at high volumes) and live with the Order Status showing item has been shipped. I appreciate the contribution to the convo, thanks

A flow I could think of:

Order comes in -> auto-tag as Local Pickup -> Fulfil individual line via API but disable email -> Third party email provider send out Ready for Pickup email with fulfilled line items.

0 Likes
achieveapplabs
Shopify Partner
470 36 74

Hi @q_alsagoff ,

We have an app in production that print barcodes for each line_item in an order then let's you scan the barcode and update an internal non-shopify custom status. We can spend some time to re-work the app for your particular use so that 3rd party email notifications are sent and the process a bit more stream lined. 

If you're interested and would like to learn more email us here: hello@achieveapplabs.com or visit our website https://achieveapplabs.com 

Best Regards,

Achieve Team

Install Approovly to create and track order approvals | We want to hear from you hello@achieveapplabs.com | Follow us on Twitter @achieveapplabs | Custom Shopify Apps achieveapplabs.com
0 Likes