Local delivery email notifications

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello, 

I have just set up local delivery for my store. That seems to be working fine - the option comes up at checkout when I enter a local address.   In the guidance for how to set it up, it says you will need to be familiar with liquid in order to update the email notifications the customer receives. I have not done this, and I'm not sure I would know how to!  But having done a test purchase, the order confirmation has the message that I have entered in to the delivery settings to be shown at checkout, and I have now completed the order, and received an email stating the order had been delivered.  Is that all working fine then?  I don't need to do anything else with the notifications? Thank you! Kat

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
601 59 75

Hey, @BambooBeautiful.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out!

It sounds like everything is working fine. The part of the guide (Setting up local delivery for online orders) that says you need to be familiar with Liquid is if you'd like to customize the email notification for local delivery. If you're ok with the default template from the test order, then you don't need to make any customizations on the template. However, if you'd like to edit your notifications templates, you can use our notification variables reference

You can preview the Order confirmation and Local delivery templates right from your admin, by going to your Notification settings. When viewing a particular template, you can click Preview at the top of the page. I find the preview function to be really helpful when customizing the templates, as it provides a visual of where the text and coding are located in the plain format. Then you can use the notification variables reference to add any other order information that you'd like to include with your emails. 

The Local delivery and Local pickup templates are further down in the Notification settings:

23-58-jpnd1-4fgud

Here's where you can find the Preview function:

23-03-bbf8t-pm7fp

That said, how are you finding the platform so far? If you have any other questions on this topic, don't hesitate to let me know!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes