Local delivery's and hard to find address

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi 

I am running an online 24 hour bottle store and we deliver to a 50 kl radius.

we are facing a problem when it come to making delivery as some street names don't exist or the address numbers are missing or not visible from the road. 

i need a way for my clients to point out their address on say google maps this will improve my speed of delivery's and prevent failed delivery's. I have search the app store for months and found nothing which is supersizing as its seems to have very thing else there. 

Any ideas ?

Thanks Wade 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
455 26 72

Hey, Wade!

Karlie here from the Shopify Guru Team! I've taken a read through your forums post and I have done some research on my end to see what options would be available that could provide your storefront with that specific functionality you're looking for. Although there isn't a feature native to the Shopify Admin that would allow your customers to pin a map, there are some workarounds that I thought I would mention as they do have potential. 

Your first option would be to enable order notes on your cart page of your storefront. This would allow you to ask specific questions to your customers when they are about to checkout. Order notes would allow you to collect information and ask questions to your customers from the cart page. I understand this isn't exactly what you're looking for, but I do think that this type of feature could be used to provide you with the information you need. You can actually enable cart notes from your Shopify Admin by following our handy step by step guide, here

Of course you always have the option to send an email to your customers to ask any information that's needed. You can use this guide to help walk you through how to find your customer information and how to send your customer an email. 

Another option for you would be to contact a Shopify Expert or a developer to create a custom feature or app for you that would provide the functionality you're looking for. If you're interested, you can check out our Shopify Experts, here

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions - be sure to ask and I would be happy to help!

Karlie
Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

*Karlie* | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes