Can you set local delivery as default and specific products for local delivery only in Shopify?

chienny
8 0 0

There is 2 option for delivery: shipping or Local delivery. 

How can I set up after the customer choose local delivery as default on the checkout page without using any apps?

At the same time would like to have BUY NOW button too, is it possible?

How can I set up the certain product for local delivery only? Is that possible? 

Replies 7 (7)

PluginHive
Shopify Partner
797 31 100

Hi,

You can set up only Local Delivery as the option under the "Shipping & Delivery" settings. You can enable Local Delivery and/or Local Pickup for all the locations you fulfill your orders from. You can check out this guide for more info: Set up Local Delivery & Pickup

Also, Shopify has a free app that allows you to handle Local Delivery as well. You can check out the app: Shopify Local Delivery

Setting up shipping for certain products is possible by creating separate shipping profiles for the products. As per my understanding, handling the same scenario is not possible with Local delivery. You can only define your delivery area, create delivery zone and provide the cost for all the products.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
chienny
8 0 0

How about the BUY NOW button? 

chienny
8 0 0

How about after select the local delivery set it up as default at checkout? 

Previously was tried before, but it still showing the shipping and local delivery at the checkout page. This is confusing the customers on the checkout page. 

PluginHive
Shopify Partner
797 31 100

Hi,

Ideally, when you enabled only local delivery in your store, it should show as in the below image after the customer provides their information at checkout.

Screenshot 2021-04-01 at 10.15.29 AM.png

I'm sorry, I haven't completely understood what issues you are facing if you are using only local delivery. Can you please provide more info (any screenshots to show this)?

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
chienny
8 0 0

I'm providing shipping and delivery, 2 options for the customer. 

If a customer chooses to ship only, then checkout should lock the shipping only. 

Any coding that I can add-in for this feature? Prefer not by apps, as been trying ZAPIET apps. But this apps has not compatible with others apps, thus has been limited to install others apps in my store. 

Kitty_Zapiet
Shopify Partner
78 1 3

Hi there, 

Apologies for the delayed response, we have only just seen our app mentioned in this post. 

Did you find a solution to your query?  Zapiet is always looking to add more apps to our compatibility list and our Last Mile Delivery API makes it easier than before, for Last Mile couriers to work with our app.  If you have a particular app that you would like to see on that list reach out to us with details, and we can see what advice we can offer. 

You can email us at supprt@zapiet.com, you can also start a live chat via the Support tab in the Store Pickup + Delivery app or by visiting www.zapiet.com.

Take care, 

Kitty

chienny
8 0 0

Shipping-Jungle-House-Checkout (2).jpg

Above are the shipping option for customers, how can I lock the shipping at the checkout page.