Local pick-up should be temporary unavailable

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

I would like to 'turn off' the option local pick-up during check out process for a month. I can't find it anywhere how to do this (if it is possible). Shipping option still has to be available.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
740 57 90

Hi @Babs78,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us! How are you finding Shopify so far?

This is a great question! I've taken a look at your store and I'm not able to see the local pick-up option within the checkout. Here is an example of what I can see. Have you since been able to disable this feature? If not, could you show me where it's appearing on the store? I'm happy to help! 

Thanks a mill, 

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1
Hello Ted,

That is not the page I meant, it is one step earlier:

https://eutoys.com.au/cart (you have to put something in the cart first).

You can see the 2 options: Shipping and Store pick-up here.

And I would like to disable the Store pick-up temporarily.

kind regards
Barbara
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
740 57 90

Hi @Babs78,

Thanks for letting me know! I'm still unable to see "Shipping and Store pick-up here" within the cart page or a product page (as shown here for example). On saying that, I added more products to the cart and I was then able to see a local pick up option within the checkout as shown here. If this is the rate you are hoping to change, it looks as though you've applied a free 'pick up' weight-based rate in your admin. 

I'd recommend clicking Settings and then Shipping in your admin. After that, you should be able to see your free rate under the Shipping Zones section. To change or delete the rate, please click Edit as shown here.  You could remove the weight or merge the weights into one "Standard Shipping" fee. I would just make sure that you have covered your weights correctly, so that if any product falls under the current pick-up weight you've entered, that they will now instead see a normal shipping rate.

I do apologise if this is not the section you are referring to. If it's not the correct section, would you be able to take a screenshot of the "Shipping and Store pick-up here" line that you've mentioned? I'm happy to take a closer look. 

Thanks a mill, 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1
hello Ted,
Thanks for your help.

I just discovered the app Secomapp local store pick-up was installed on my
Shopify site. I have removed this app as I don't need it. By doing this
local pick up was removed.

After that I just added the option local pick-up in the shipping rates
page, where you found it too.
I will just delete this when needed and add it later on.

kind regards
Barbara
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
740 57 90

Hi @Babs78,

Ah that's perfect, thanks for getting back to me and for letting me know. If there is anything else I can help you with, I'm happy to help!

0 Likes