Location Specific Payment Methods

Highlighted
3 0 0

Location Specific payment methods.

for example:

USA: Any payment method.
Canada: Any Payment Method
Somalia: Only give the option to pay with Bitcoin
UK: Only give option to pay with Paypal or Bitcoin.

and so on and so fourth.
This way you can eliminate all risk of credit card fraud in certain countries by requiring bitcoin payment.

I think this is a logic next step since you have implemented bitpay/coinbase support.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
50 0 7

Hello!

Matt from Shopify here, hope you're having a great week so far. :) Currently what you described is not available with the platform, any country will have access to the payment gateway options that you provide on your store. I can definitely see how this would be a useful feature, so I've submitted a feature request on your behalf. So if/when it becomes available, a notification email will be sent directly in this forum. :) 

In the mean time, I would suggest taking a look at our fraud & chargeback prevention documentation. It will provide you with tools and tricks to best protect yourself and your business. It can be found here. 

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to send me an email! You can also reach out to the rest of our support team 24/7. 

Cheers,
Matt Sharpe 
Shopify Guru 

Highlighted
1 0 0

Any news regarding this topic?

@Matt_S3 wrote:

Hello!

Matt from Shopify here, hope you're having a great week so far. :) Currently what you described is not available with the platform, any country will have access to the payment gateway options that you provide on your store. I can definitely see how this would be a useful feature, so I've submitted a feature request on your behalf. So if/when it becomes available, a notification email will be sent directly in this forum. :) 

In the mean time, I would suggest taking a look at our fraud & chargeback prevention documentation. It will provide you with tools and tricks to best protect yourself and your business. It can be found here. 

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to send me an email! You can also reach out to the rest of our support team 24/7. 

Cheers,
Matt Sharpe 
Shopify Guru 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

I'm curious on status of this from 5 years ago as well. Even Shopify staff agrees that this would be a useful feature. I hope someone made it an available feature but I'm just not finding it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi! Is the feature already available now?

0 Likes