Locations + Inventory Errors

Highlighted
1 0 0

So! I have two POS locations and an online store. I don't have updated stock/inventory for my POS locations-- everything is pulled from a central warehouse and we have another way of keeping rack in inventory for our stores. So, when items sell in-store they're selling from 0 and creating negative stock. This didn't used to be a big deal before they split up locations because we would just update our online inventory, whatever, no problem! 

Now-- even though I have the option to fulfill online quantities with POS stock un-selected on both POS locations, my online stock is still all screwed up from this. For example-- Say I have 6 size Large in a specific item in-stock for online and -8 in-stock for a POS location it will appear online as if this item is in stock, allow the customer to add this item to cart, and when they go to check-out it says the item is sold out. Despite being in-stock online and despite telling the POS locations that they are not used for fulfillment for online orders.

Is there something I'm missing? Is there some checked box somewhere I'm not noticing? We're getting endless emails about this stuff and honestly, it's ANNOYING-- both for us and for the customer. Anyone had this problem? Any solutions?

I've attached some screen caps of what I'm seeing and what I have selected on the backend. 

Our online location clearly selected as the location inventory comes from.

Screen Shot 2019-08-30 at 1.42.21 PM.png

One of our POS locations, also clearly unselected for fulfilling online orders
Screen Shot 2019-08-30 at 1.42.34 PM.png

Selecting size small, which *is* in-stock in our online inventory.

Screen Shot 2019-08-30 at 1.43.47 PM.png

Item being stated is "sold out" when customer tries to check-out despite it being in-stock on the website's inventory. (item is oversold on in-store stock but inventories are not supposed to be connected)
Screen Shot 2019-08-30 at 1.43.34 PM.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1381 111 200

Hi @Laceybbp,

Could you please share your website URL?

0 Likes